Sunday, July 12, 2009

It's Raining in Paradise!

Well, once again, we have a rainy Sunday here in Missouri! I guess we really need it, but now the yard will need mowing again!

Since I couldn't get outside, I worked on a couple of cards today. (imagine that...)

The first card is for Stamptacular Sunday's challenge. This was a sketch challenge. There were only two stipulations: you had to show some stamping someplace on your card, and the "sketch" itself had to be fully apparent when the card was finished. Here is their sketch:



Here is my card:



Stamps: All stamps by Unity
DP: Unknown (used scraps from stash)
Ink: Memento Black
Tombow Marker
Gelly Roll Black Glaze Pen

The second card is for today's challenge at 365 Cards. This challenge was a sketch as well:


Here is my card for 365 Cards:



Stamps: Car Riley, Great Impressions Sentiment
CS: DCWV
Ink: Versafine Black
Tombow Markers
Cuttlebug Embossing Folders
Gelly Roll Silver Glitter Pen

Hope at least one of these makes a smile in your day! I think all of the stamps used are just adorable, and they make me happy! I'm off to change some laundry over and then work on the OCC challenge! I'm determined to work around the house this week, so may not get much accomplished in my craft room for the next few days.

Take care, and have a good day!

Patti J.
~What are the three words guaranteed to humiliate men everywhere? 'Hold my purse.'

23 comments:

Carolyn V said...

I love your take on the 365 Cards Sketchy Sunday Challenge (134) How clever to make a hill out of the corner element!

Crystal said...

These are sooo wonderful...love the colors on the first one and that cute birdie!!! Riley looks fabulous too and so creative and fun card!!! Great cards, thanks for sharing them!!

Cat said...

Wow, Patti! Your first card is right on the sketch! Too cute!
The texture is great on your second card. That little moose is adorable!

Unknown said...

Love your colors and papers. Your bird is just darling! TFS~

Unknown said...

Two great cards Patti.

A wonderful take on the Stamptacular sketch, love the papers and sweet image.

Thanks for joining us this week at SSC.

Joanne x

Bridgett Owens said...

Great cards!! I like them both!!! You did a fabulous job with those sketches! I wanted to let you know that the pen I used for the birthday gift set is an RSVP pen and you can buy them at your local discount store. Just add your paper to the barrel and it matches your cards and notepads automatically! Thanks for the comments!
Hugs,
Bridgett

Anonymous said...

This bird card makes me smile. I just love it. Great image and sentiment.

~amy~ said...

Lovin' both of your cards but really love your take on the 365 Cards sketch...very clever!!!

Lea L. said...

cute cards! Great job with the sketch!

~Lea

Anonymous said...

Both cards are adorable Patti.
Don't feel like anything right now if you go on my blog, you will see why. Oh and thank you for letting me know about crafty creations challenge. I've put my card up for it.
Hugs xx
Pat

Nessie said...

Beautiful cards Patti,good luck with your housework.

;)

Liza said...

Gorgeous cards and a great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at SSC.

Liza x

Caryl P said...

Fabulous cards! I love the Riley card with him driving down the long and winding road. Great job as usual!

Maria Matter said...

Wow, Patti, love this Chick card! Too cute and that paper is gorgeous!

Riley is adorable too! What a great little scene you've created!
Beautiful work on both!!!

I've been away from the comp and stamping too...I think I'm 'spring/summer' cleaning. We dropped something and it rolled under the stove/range, so I pulled it out from the wall....well, let's just say, that gave me a whole new motivation to clean the kitchen! yuck! lol
Hope you're having a fabby day!
Blessings, Maria

Julie said...

These are both adorable, Patti! I love the sentiment to go with the bird image! Love it!

Skraptacular Designs said...

Hi Patti,

LOVE it! So super cute! I love the flowers you created in the background...and I never would have thought to do that and then stamp the bird image as you did! Very clever and such a marvelous card!

Thanks for playing along with us at Stamptacular!

Hugs,
Priscilla

Nikki Schmaltz said...

LOVE that Unity stamp you chose. Super cute card. The Riley card is cute too! Thanks for joining in the SSC this week.

Sprytebyrd said...

Hiya Patti! Great cards! Your bird card for Stamptacular Sunday is just wonderful! I love the colors and the image is great (although, I'm partial to birds! hehe) Such a wonderful card!
And Riley Rocks, too!
Thanks so much for joining us at SSC this week!!
Dee

Lynne in NI said...

Fab cards! Love how you interpreted the sketch for your Riley card

Line said...

Hi Patti, what a lovely take on the sketch! Love your papers and the little birdie is really sweet:)
Great sentiment too.

Thanks for joining us at SSC this week!

Hugs, Line

Anonymous said...

Great cards ;0)

Thanks for joining us at SSC!

Janneke X

Anonymous said...

Great cards very inspirational thank you for taking part at ssc

Paula said...

What lovely cards! I love the "shake your tail feathers" sentiment...absolutely adorable and love the color scheme to that one...nice take on the sketch!

Thanks for joining us with this Challenge! I hope you can join us for our next challenge at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge...and psst...this upcoming challenge there are bonus prizes and bonus fun! Hope to see you there!

Pleasantly,

Paula