Friday, July 10, 2009

Whew...

I don't even know what to call this one, except "thank goodness I'm done with it"!!! Today's challenge over at 365 cards kicked my backside! I just couldn't think of a thing to do, so I did the easy way out!

The challenge at 365 Cards was to create a card using this picture as inspiration. Wow! The chocolate just made me think of chocolate! You can't do very much to improve chocolate, can you? lol...

Here is the photo:



Now, before I show my project, the challenge over at Midnight Madness, was this sketch:


And....Diana over at Memory Crafter posted this box challenge for this week:




Last, but not least, Our Creative Corner's challenge was to use red, white, and blue.

Now, I knew that I would never find time to do all four projects with DH home, so I combined them! I followed Diana's directions and made the box. I used the inspiration photo for the chocolate cake, stars, etc., and I followed the sketch over at Midnight Madness for the layout on the box. All were done as you can see, with red, white, and blue!

DCWV CS, Stamps by The Angel Company, Versafine Black Ink
Whew.....thank goodness that tomorrow is another day! I have a HUGE respect for you ladies out there that tackle more than one challenge at a time every day. I think that there must truly be brain cells hating me right now!
Have a wonderful evening - we are going out with some friends, so I will probably be off the computer until tomorrow a.m.
Blessings!
Patti J.
~Chocolate really IS proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!

23 comments:

Carolyn said...

You are so resourceful. I love the way you combined the challenges, and it turned out beautifully for all three. Great job. Thank you so much for playing with us this week at the MMSC. Hope you will play again next week.

Carolyn, MMDT member
http://creativecardcorner.blogspot.com/

Caryl P said...

Wow, what a way to combine all three challenges, I love it! What will you fill it with.....chocolate perhaps?
Have a wonderful weekend!

Barb said...

Holy cow! Way to go on combining all of the challenges, Patti... your project is just great!

Brenda said...

Wow, what a wonderful job you did combining all of these challenges, and what a gorgeous box to. Fabulous job!!

Maria Matter said...

lol you and your brain cells made me laugh out loud! You did an excellent job combining challenges, I'm so proud of you! And this box you tackled is fantastic! I think you deserve a box of chocolate!!!!
Now go put your feet up and relax those brain cells!
Have a fabby weekend!
Blessings, Maria

Suzanne said...

Wow! I think that it would be even harder to compile all of those different challenges together. Way to go girl!!

Cat said...

Wow, Patti! I LOVE what you have done with all of these challenges! You do deserve some chocolate after all of your hard work!

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Phew, you did make it and it is fabulous!! Cute, cute Cute!!! I think you did much better than I would have, you kicked it's backside!!

Thank you for joining us at Midnight madness and come again

Jane, MMDT member

Nilla said...

Wow, great take on the challenges! Beautiful!! Hugs Nilla

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm Chocolate, my favourite food but dark not milk.
Your creation is wonderful! The way you have combined the challenges is amazing.
I'd love to see what's inside the box!
Have a great week-end Patti.
Hugs xx
Pat

Georgia said...

Wow! You did a great job on these challenges! All the different challenges out there make me go into overload...not a good thing! Have a great day.
Georgia
georgiamacdonald.blogspot.com

Sharli Schaitberger said...

CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love that you combined all four challenges into one wonderful product! You GO Girl!!!

Priscilla said...

Very clever creation!! it is just fantastic. Thanks for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenges.

p.s. check out the BLOG CANDY I just posted :)

Priscilla :)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful creation! The cupcake is fantastic! Way to go with the multiple challenges! rita w

Lynne in NI said...

Well done on combining those challenges Patti - your little box is fabulous!
Hope you enjoyed your night out, we're having a quiet one in for a change!

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Patti, this is so creative! Using the sketch on a box, looks wonderful, thanks for playing this week at MMSC, xox ~Jeni

Lisa Hjulberg said...

You nailed it Patti! What I love most is that looks like a German Chocolate cake, which is one of my favorites! Yummm....

I hope you had a nice time out with friends. That's always a good thing to do... get out and enjoy good food and good conversation. I can't wait until you come to LA so we can do the same!

Love and hugs,
Lisa

Kelly said...

What a great project for the MMSC#9. Thanks for sharing your wonderful talents

Denise @ kc242 said...

Fantastic Birthday card. Nice job on the MMSC sketch challenge. Thanks for playing along!

Michelle's Daydreams said...

This is really spectacuLAR! I love the colors and how you've incorporated the two challenges together. :) Michelle

Diana said...

WOW Patti! You are my hero!! I check some challenges once in a while trying to do something and I never can!! SO I understand what you said!! I will try to combine them and that way I don't feel so overwhelmed with all those challenges out there! but feel good about playing a little bit, lol!

THANKS! for doing my challenge! your box look awesome!! Love the color combo and the stamp you used. Thanks for giving a try to my box!! I love to do mini boxes!!

Love,
Diana

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Way to combine challenges Patti! Love your box! So creative and fun!!

Sonia said...

Patti:
LOVE what you have done with all of these challenges.
Good Job!

**Sony**