Saturday, July 11, 2009

Tiny Bubbles.......

Today is day 133 over at 365 Cards. Today's challenge is to think of bubbles and how they might inspire your card. Vicky's beautiful inspiration card is here:



Here is what I did! Every time I lean back in a tub of deep, warm, delightfully smelling bubbles, I remind myself that no matter how crazy or bad the day was, life IS good!

So...I made a little matchbox - It's about 2.5 x 4 finished size.



All stamps are TAC, and again, I used Versafine black ink as my images were detailed. The barrell was colored with Kooh-I-Noor Colored Pencils and blended with mineral spirits and all other coloring was with Tombow markers.



I have a package of wonderful bath salts that I plan to put some shredding in around and under, and this will make a very cute last minute gift for someone special!

Hope you like it! It was fun to do!

Have a great weekend - I'm off to run a few errands, then back home to start some supper. Hugs and blessings to all of you!

Patti J.
~Blessed is the man who's too busy to worry in the daytime, and too sleepy to worry at night.
(Ecclesiastes 5:12)

16 comments:

Barb said...

ACK! This is adorable, Patti... love the matchbox w/ bath salts, and your coloring is great :)

Caryl P said...

Ooooh, a nice warm bubble bath would be very nice! Adorable box, I love the idea to make it a bath gift.

I got my Kids Quotes set at AC Moore. It's a clear stamp set with four quotes and afew cute images. There are a lot of the quotes on wood mounted stamps that I've been eyeing too!

Cat said...

What a wonderful gift idea! I'm sure whom ever receives it will love it! Great job on the inspiration piece!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea, just wonderful!!!

Suzanne said...

Sweeeet!

Maricar said...

I love that barrel bath stamp. So cute!

~amy~ said...

Patti, what an absolutely darling card!

Crystal said...

OOOO these are GREAT!!! LOVE all those bubbles!!!

Chelsea said...

This is soooo "stinkin" cute Patti! I love it!

Ellie Jacobson said...

Patti! I love the bubbles card a lot and the matchbox is just adorable! What a great idea!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

How cute! I love that skunk in the tub... especially with the shower cap on her head. Tee hee.

A bubble bath sounds great, although my tub isn't the most comfy. Hmmm... actually what I would love is a jacuzzi to go sit in for awhile, looking up at the night sky. In my dreams!

Love ya,
Lisa

Nilla said...

Wow, it's so cute!! love how you colored it! Hugs Nilla

Anonymous said...

Oh Patti, this is so cute!
Great idea to make it a gift, the person who will receive it will love it i am sure.
And the image is so cute!
Have a nice week-end.
Hugs xx
Pat

Georgia said...

Perfect stamp for the challenge. Love the details on the box.

Vicky said...

How cute is this!!! I LOVE It!! Great job with the bubble challenge!

AmethystCat said...

super duper cute!!! love your coloring and great gift idea!