Thursday, July 30, 2009

Gloomy doomy rainy day...

It's dark and gloomy here right now, and it is making me sleepy!


Just thought I'd take a few minutes away from monthly reports to post a few quick cards! These were all done VERY quickly!


Melisa Waldorf's challenge this week was to use fun flock! My first card uses white fun flock on the cupcake, and the red glitz is done with red stickles (thanks Shirley!). All stamps are from TAC.



Lisa's challenge this week was to find a tool that we haven't used in ages and make a card with it. I was literally perusing my 'tools' when I thought...AHA! I have not used a sticker in so long that I can't remember the last time I used one! So....my unused tool is "stickers"! All stickers are from Karen Foster Designs.





The challenge at 365 Cards yesterday was to use the prase "You can do it". Unfortunately, I didn't have any stamps that said that, so I went to my trusty word program and printed it out on Kraft cardstock. The stamps are TAC, and the paper is from Old World Mat Stack. (I haven't had the courage to go to 365 yet today to see what the challenge is - lol!!!)





Just a reminder that Gina K. Designs is releasing several new WONDERFUL stamp sets tonight! They have been giving us sneek peeks all week long - can't wait to see the whole sets!!! Hope to see you at the release party!


So....I guess my break is over! Hope you are all having a fantabulous day and dodging the raindrops!


~Patti J.
Food for thought: The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything they have...

12 comments:

Suzanne said...

oooh, aahh, the second one is my favorite and I don't normally like that stamp set but the cupcake looks good enough to eat!! Yummy!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

It may be gloomy by you but your cards are beautiful Patti!! Love the second one most of all!! Great coloring and design!!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Amen Sister on your quote of the day!

Hey there! I've missed you! It's been Stamp Club and Blog Hop week for me, so I'm behind in my email and blog surfing. I will definitely be at the release party tonight, although they go so fast, I don't do much but check in periodically and wait to see the full reveals. Can't wait! I love Gina K.

Look at you on a roll with three challenges in one day! I love all your cards, Patti. I can hardly tell those are stickers on the Christmas card. And the angel card is really special, too. I love angels because my mama is one.

Love and hugs,
Lisa

Crystal said...

Patti WOW you have been sooo busy!! These are all so fabulous!!! Great colors and that cupcake YUMMY...Terrific group of cards hun!

Cat said...

Wow! Great job on all of your cards! The Fun Flock looks great!I just bought some Fun Flock, but haven't used it yet. I'll have to give it a try. How clever to use stickers as a tool! I didn't even think of that! I have a ton that are gathering dust! I really need to start scrapbooking again and use some of those suckers up!

Anonymous said...

The cupcake looks so real and ready to eat, yummy!
I love the last card, it's gorgeous!
As i am not a christmas card person, i can't say much except that it is lovely.
thank you so much for taking the time to talk about sarah, she is so excited with her blog and wants to do every challenge!
Hugs xx
Pat

Justa Ann Nabors said...

Good going girl,
You do good work, your cards are georgeous1!I have missed talking to all of you. I'll be back posting soon. Come be my friend on facebook so we can talk more. I might even talk you into farmtown. Its so fun!!
Hugs!!!!! Justa Ann

Chelsea said...

Patti .... these cards are AWESOME!!! I love the cupcake with both flock and stickles!

~amy~ said...

fabulous cards...I especially love the one for the 365 cards challenge...you rocked that challenge!

Caryl P said...

All beautiful cards, I love the cupcake the best though just because I love sugar!!!!

Hope the doom and gloom is gone today!

Glittered Paws said...

Love the cupcake - the stickles really added that zing it needed. I think everyone is loving the cupcake!! Liked all 3 but my fav would have to be the cupcake.

Melisa Waldorf said...

Love how you used the funflock for icing chick! To cute! Thanks for playing along with my challenge!