Thursday, July 23, 2009

A break from my ladder duties....

Well, actually, today it's more likely my 'down on the floor' duties! I'm working on the lower half of a wall right now! I took a short break to work on the 365 Cards challenge for the day. Since it contains butterflies, I am also entering it in this week's Flutter By Challenge. Today's challenge is "Ad Inspired". Amy found an ad with this photo:







and challenged us to be inspired to create while checking out this ad photo.





Here is my card:







The small stamped area's say "oh, yeah" and "u rock". All sentiment stamps are TAC. Ink is Versafine Black, Adirondack Denim Blue, and Stampin Up Groovy Guava. I used the Groovy Guava on the background stamp. It's an old wood mounted stamp with no name on it. The striped DP is Cloud 9 Designs, and I added a couple of thin blue stripes... I used my Tombow markers on the Happy Birthday stamp so that I could two-tone it.




Back to work I go. Sorry I'm being neglectful of your blogs. I promise to make up for it when this remodel job is done. You will actually be quite tired of me then!!!




Have a good night...




Patti J.
~Once you are in heaven, are you stuck wearing the clothes you were in when you got there through all of eternity??? (Yikes!)

17 comments:

~amy~ said...

OMGoodness Patti...you've done a fantabulous job on the inspiration challenge!!!! Sheesh, your card totally rocks!!!!! Thanks so much for playing with me today and taking a break from your floor duties :)

Crystal said...

WOW girl you ACED this inspiration challenge...your card is beautiful!! Wonderful design and colors...beautiful as always my friend!!! :)

Caryl P said...

Wow! It's as if your stamps were created just to recreate the inspiration. Fabulous work, don't paint too hard...haha!

Anonymous said...

Very nice, I am glad you took a break from your painting duties, because this card rocks, I especially love that no name background stamp, just wonderful.

Kim said...

Patti luv it! You aced today's challenge for sure!!!It really is great to see all the different cards that come out of the inspiration piece! Glad you could take a break from your painting...
: )

Susan said...

cute, cute, rock on challenge!

Barb said...

Beautiful card, Patti! You nailed the inspiration challenge hands down :)

Lisa Hjulberg said...

You'll definitely have to share pictures of whatever it is you're doing when you're done!

Great take on the inspiration piece, Patti! And, oh yeah, YOU rock!

That's an interesting thought for the day. Gives new meaning to wearing clean underwear when you leave the house. LOL

Love and hugs,
Lisa

Danni said...

How fun!! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Great job on the challenge. When you finish your walls come on over I have a few that have been neglected.

Georgia said...

You nailed it! My husband has a painting business. He would never let me near a paintbrush. I wonder why?

Julia Aston said...

Wow! did you nail that inspiration piece! it's like you created the pillow! the birds are super!

Maricar said...

You were able to incorporate so much from that pillow into your card. Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Wow Patti, you nailed it! really beautiful.
I love the colours on this card and the birds are so cute!
Thanks for the advice!
Hugs xx
Pat

Unknown said...

Patti your card is beautiful. You did a fantastic job of it.
Hugs
Michelle

Melisa Waldorf said...

Wow! You nailed that ad challenge! If you get a chance, hop over and play along with my "Watercolor Challenge" for this month's "Creative Challenge".

Michelle said...

Your card is awesome - great job with the challenges! Thanks for playing along with the FBW challenge this week!