Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Susan...

So, I finally inked up my new Elizabeth Bell stamp, Susan. You can go to Susana's site to see all of these adorable little people - you will want them all!

Today's challenge for day 144 at 365 Cards is "You Raise Me UP". We were to try to incorporate two ways to 'raise' our work up off the page.

I popped up the blue bordered background.
I popped up the fence.
I popped up the little boquet of flowers sticking out of the fence (it was supposed to appear that Susan had been picking the flowers...).
I popped up Susan, AND the sunshine, AND the sentiment (TAC)!
I think that qualifies for raising it up!
I am also using this card for the challenge at Our Creative Corner. The OCC challenge is a "Triple Play". We were to use three items to embellish our card (brads, eyelets, bling, ribboy, buttons, thread, floss, beads, charms, rub-ons, liquid applique, or crystal laquer).
I used ribbon (top right corner), brads (on border), bling (on her jeans buttons), and crystal laquer (on her necklace and pony tail holder).
The next card is for the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge, which was to make a shaped card. I did the ladybug from scratch. The sentiment is TAC.

Well, I probably should cut this short tonight and not stay around to chit-chat. I have a swap to work on!
Have a great night, and remember to cherish each precious day always!
Patti J.
~Why is it that people pay money to go up into tall buildings, then pay money to use the binoculars on the top of that building, only to look at things on the ground??? lol
p.s. does anyone else out there have trouble getting their blogs to space right? grrr....

21 comments:

Susana M said...

Hey Patti,
Love your take on Susan and the fence and utilizing the flowers sticking out it is fab!!!
Very creative :o)
Hearts and Hugs
Susana

~amy~ said...

what sweet projects!!!! I love them!

Crystal said...

OOO Patti girl this is fabulous...love that sweet image and the fence...beautiful work and your lady bug is just soooo sweet too!! Wonderful cards!!!

Georgia said...

Hi Patti,
You were definitely "popping" out cards tonight! I love the detail work on the fence. You did a great job with the challenge. I need to pace myself. Thanks for all the nice comments.

Maria Matter said...

Your cards are fabulous Patti!
The ladybug looks great!
And your Elisabeth Bell looks beautiful! I love how you colored Susan...aren't these stamps dreamy?!
Great job!
Blessings, Maria

Carolyn V said...

Fab! both of them...simply fab!

Nilla said...

Patti, love your cards. Great work!! Hugs Nilla

Anonymous said...

This is too cute. I love the first card, it's really beautiful.
And the second one is cute.
You've done so well!
Hugs xx
Pat

Suzanne said...

Super duper job! Love both of them! I sometimes have to preview my blog 3-4 times to get the spacing right and then the computer freaks out and it doesn't come out right when I publish it anyway!!!UGH!

Jami said...

Awesome cards Patti! That ladybug is a lot of fun, but I love all the details you put into that Susan card!! I really love the scalloped layered edges with the brads and that darling fence behind her!

Aud said...

Wonderful card with Susan! Great details, fun with a fence!
Your ladybug is cute too!

Hugs,
Aud

Sherry Eckblad said...

Love your card with the Elizabeth Bell Stamp just precious. I had never heard of this company before.

Christina said...

Love the card! All the popping definately adds a lot to it! The ladybug is super cute!!!

Cat said...

Patti, your coloring is beautiful on the "You Raise Me Up" challenge!
The ladybug is absolutely precious!My youngest daughter has a "thing" for ladybugs. They actually follow her around. I'll have to keep this idea in mind for her. Well, I guess it's time to hit the ole dreadmill! LOL! I love that you called it that!

Barb said...

Your 1st card is so beautiful! Fantastic coloring, and I am loving the dimension!

The ladybug is so cute... I love shaped cards :)

Celeste said...

I love both of these. They are so adorable.

Liza said...

Great ladybug card, fab idea. Thanks for joining us at SSC.

Liza x

Unknown said...

Love your lady bug shaped card Patti.

Thanks for joining in with the shapetacular challenge this week at SSC.

Joanne x

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Oh, I love this card, Patti! The way you've built the scene is fabulous. I love that fence. All that popping up sure looks good to me!

In answer to your question, yes, I have issues with spacing and such. Sometimes I have to go back and forth several times to get it right. Is blogger a free service? Because it's starting to occur to me that we get what we pay for. Blogspot is free, too. Seems like there's a lot more options for those who pay. Hmmph.

Melisa Waldorf said...

I love how you placed her in front of the fence!! Girl you are amazing me!! How do you get sooo much done!

Anonymous said...

Great ladybird you did a wonderful job thank you for taking part at ssc