Friday, July 17, 2009

Paper PIERCING, not piecing!

So, today, I was on the ball! I was actually going to have a challenge done early, posted early, and get some cleaning done. Ha! I misread piercing for piecing and had to start planning all over again! Best laid plans....gotta have a sense of humor in this hobby! Notice that once I got started, I nearly pierced this thing into obliteration!

The challenge for day 139 at 365 Cards, was to use the paper piercing technique to create a pattern on our cards. Here is mine.....



Looking at it on the 'big screen', I realized that it would have been prettier if I'd pierced the two outside edges in reversed format so that the little round part in the center was to the outside edges. Oh well, I will for sure know next time!

Supplies:
Stamps: TAC, Stampland, Inkadinkado
Piercing Template: Lasting Impressions (a gift from my bestest stamping bud, Shirley)
Inks: Marvy Heritage Collection
Dusting Brushes
Starburst Glitter Pen
Colored Pencils
Flat Brown Pearls

Since this has a butterfly, it may also be entered in the Flutter By Wednesday challenge if I'm not too late!

Off I go - am headed to St. Louis on an excursion to find eyeglasses for DD.

Hugs to all! Have a great day! Pat, you are in my thoughts and prayers, chin up girl!

Patti J.
~Dance your little heart out...

21 comments:

Chrissie said...

This is a great one! I love it!
Chrissie

PCM said...

This is COOL. Love the way you pierced the paper and the cool design you used. TFS

Maria Matter said...

Oh, Patti, this is gorgeous! I think all you did here is 'just right'!!!! It has such a European feel....wowza!

Blessings, Maria

~amy~ said...

Lovely job on the challenge...check out all that piercing :)

Carolyn V said...

Lovely, feminine, pretty and beautiful executed. The colours are phenomenal...

Crystal said...

WOW Patti this is absolutely GORGEOUS love the butterflies, colors, details are BEAUTIFUL!

Barb said...

This is so cool, Patti!! Love it!

Lost in Paper said...

lovely card, the butterfly stamp is so pretty... great job piercing on your card.

Danni said...

What a great card! Love the electic feel to it...wonderful! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Unknown said...

Great card I love the collage look you have going here. I can never get it to look right for me

Teresa Kline said...

so very gorgeous!

enjoy *~*

Glittered Paws said...

Very Nice - love how you worked with different butterflies, looks like it all cam together quite nicely. Piercing vs. piecing hmmm that could easily be misleading and confusing!!!

Susan said...

this is lovely!

Georgia said...

It's a beautiful card. I always learn something about my cards when I photo them. It's like having a third eye! lol

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Patti!
You can never have enough piercing :)
I simply love it likeall your cards.
Thank you so much for the kind words that help me a lot.
Hugs xx
Pat

Caryl P said...

I don't think anyone can fault you for one silly little letter! Beautiful card--it was just a happy mistake.

Lila Castro said...

Lovely job on the challenge

Lila

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I can't figure out what you mean about the piercing... how you would have done it differently. I love it just the way it is! This is a truly beautiful card, Patti. I love the vintage feel of it.

Love ya,
Lisa

SAM said...

Congrats Patti! You're a winner!

Sonia said...

Gorgeous Card!!! Love it! :)
Congrats!

**Sony**

Anna said...

Woo hoo! You made it to top three! You rock!