Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A New Month...

Can you believe that July is upon us?
I've been thinking back today to how much fun we used to have on July 4th. This was the gathering place! All of the family would flock to our beautiful hillside, where we would bar-b-que more than we could even dream of eating, and then rest and visit a bit prior to setting off huge numbers of roman candles, bottle rockets, fireworks of all kinds. We would all tire out before we could finish! Now, all of our parents and grandparents are gone, our kids are raised, there are no grandchildren to spoil yet, so the 4th is very quiet here! DD is more than likely going to the city to find something to do that evening, so I'm thinking that I might have to find some trouble for DH and I to get into!!! I'll keep you posted on that...

We have a very dear lady that DH has to send reports to, get service orders from, etc., that has had a pretty bad break to one of her arms and wrists. She had to have surgery this week, and I thought a nice card might bring a bright spot to her day, so this card will be mailed to Barb in Phoenix! (It fits the challenge over at Our Creative Corner, so I will enter it there as well). Please send up a special prayer for Barb's speedy recovery. I'm sure she will appreciate all the help she can get!






Supplies:
DP: American Craft, Ribbons-Hannah Stamps, Sentiment-The Angel Company, Martha Stewart Flower Punch, White flower from my stash of 'things'!

It was an absolutely glorious summer day in Missouri - I hope you had the same wherever you are!

Patti J.
~Opportunities are seldom labeled. (Matthew 7:7)

14 comments:

Gram E. Bear said...

What a lovely card! She'll really appreciate your thoughtfulness and treasure the card. It'll brighten her spirits for sure. {{{hugs}}}

Crystal said...

Patti this is wonderful, I just love the papers you used and the inside looks beautiful too!!!

Caryl P said...

What a beautiful card--I love those ribbons. STILL raining here in NH, so send that sun to the northeast!

Cat said...

Beautiful card, Patti! I love the colors! I feel nostalgic for the Fourth. too. All of the kids are grown and my grandson lives waaaay out of state.

Mandy said...

Beautiful card...it's sure to brighten her day! I have the same fond memories of the 4th even though I'm one of the "grandchildren group".

Yuki2k009 said...

This is a lovely card, with some pretty colours.
I am sending some healing prayer for this lady.
Here the weather is very hot, we are not used to it but i am not one to complain.
Hope you have a lovely day.
Hugs xx
Pat

Anonymous said...

I have just realised that i was talking with my daughter's profile! I forgot to sign her out. My head is full of so many things at the moment, forgive me.
Hugs xx
Pat

Lynne in NI said...

Beautiful card Patti - its sure to cheer her up!

Linda said...

Very pretty. I like the way you did the inside too.

Jennifer Meyer said...

Hi Patti :) Both cards are beautiful. LOVE the soft colors and the pretty layouts. Barb will LOVE it!!

Thanks for playing along with the OCC! Hugs & Smiles, Jennifer :)

Maria Matter said...

This is beautiful Patti, will definitely bring a smile and lift a spirit!

Speedy recovery prayers going to Barb!

Blessings, Maria

Lisa Hjulberg said...

What a perfectly sweet card and sweet thing to do. I'm sure Barb will be blessed by receiving it. And I'll send up a prayer her way.

Should be a pretty tame 4th of July for us, too. I remember when it was all about BBQ'ing and seeing the fireworks. I figure it just goes in cycles.

Whatever you do, I hope you have a wonderful day!

Love and hugs,
Lisa

Ali Dantre said...

Hi Patti.... this is a stunner!! I love this soft pastel paper & colour combo is fab!

Hugs
Lisa.xx

Brenda said...

Beautiful card Patti. I love the colors you used, wonderful take on the sketch.