Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Ewww.....

Have you ever felt that way (ewww....) about something you've made? Tee hee...

Before I show you my card, I want to say hello to everyone and apologize for not getting around to your sites to comment. I promise to catch up later this week. My plate's been pretty full the last few days, and I've done really well to sit down for 5 minutes at a time. I miss you all, and I'll catch up as soon as I can!!!

This card follows the sketch at Midnight Madness,



and the theme at 365 Cards. (Again today, I am quite positive that I'm being punished for something!) The theme at 365 Cards was to let the "Twilight" movie inspire your card. Yikes!

We were to use a black card base, and use a patterned paper where red was the dominant color, and embellish with glitter or rhinestones. So, with that being said, here is all my poor tired brain could do with this one...



The large stamp in the center is Inkadinkado, and the Dream stamp is The Angel Company. I used Versamark, and embossed in silver. I did NOT use the embossing buddy on it before embossing, as I was hoping for a 'vampire' feel to it, and wanted some extra 'stuff' here and there. I do wish you could see the DP - it's quite lovely (Daisy D's Designs) with black roses and ribbons on it...

Have a wonderful Tuesday!

Patti J.
~Hmmmm...have you ever wondered why: In the winter, why do we try to keep the house as warm as it was in the summer when we complained about the heat?

17 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

Patti, great job on today's challenge we had the same idea for colors :)

Carolyn V said...

I'm not quite sure your 'ewww' is deserved. I quite like your card! The fancy bejeweled scrolled heart is awesome! (but, yes, I do have that feeling quite often! If we didn't struggle from time to time, these wouldn't be called 'challenges') LOL

Jo Ann said...

I like this card. I am a big fan of the extra bits when embossing, especially it gives a lingering effect.

Lost in Paper said...

i think your card is wonderful! your DP is gorgeous!!

Glittered Paws said...

You certainly captured the "ghoulish" feeling with this one.

Cat said...

I really like your card, Patti! I think it goes very well with the movie theme. I saw the movie and read all of the books so I would know what all the buzz was about! Also, I wanted to be able to discuss the movie with my daughters, because I was sure that they would see it.

~amy~ said...

this is fabulous...you rocked the challenge!!!

~amy~ said...

this is fabulous...you rocked the challenge!!!

Brenda said...

Very nice card, and fitting for a twilight challenge.TFS

Crystal said...

ooo Patti this is wonderful...I LOVE the silver with the black and red, gotta remember that its stunning!!! Great job with the midnight sketch!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Patti!! Love the embossing and the color combo with the silver and red! Great take on the MMSC this week. Thanks for playing along!

Christina said...

I LOVE it! Nothin' wrong with goin' a little "gothy" once in a while!

Anonymous said...

This is stunning Patti!
I can see you've been working hard, posting a card or two every day!
I'll understand if i don't see you a few days, take some time for yourself, relax :)
Hugs xx
Pat

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Well, if you consider that a "ewww" card, then I'm in trouble! LOL

I think you got the spirit of the challenge just right. Spirit, get it? ha ha. Okay, now I'm getting punchy.

Hey, you, let's go to Vegas! You won again!!! http://priscillastyles.blogspot.com/2009/07/midnight-madness-week-10-mmsc10.html

Suzanne said...

Totally awesome! The book is so much better than the movie though. lol

Priscilla said...

Better late than never :) I really like you card. Great job with the sketch and I love the way you used the back panel to sample the word dream on. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness (MMSC10) Sketch Challenge

Priscilla
MMDT

Gloria Stengel said...

I love the silver embossing and the paper. Great job! (And your hmmmm comment made me howl with laughter!)