Friday, July 3, 2009

Jewels Galore...

My friend Caryl blogged about a challenge over at Stacey's that is a Jewelry Color Inspiration Challenge. How much fun! I like new and challenging projects, and this one was so much fun! Hope you will all run over and play - I will certainly be going back!

Here was the challenge - we were to make a card using her designated colors...
Here is what I did:


Supplies:
Stamps - The Angel Company
Paper - Basic Grey
Cardstock - DCWV
EK Success - Edge Punch
Flourish Punch
Green Gemstones
Bottle Cap - (I stamped and colored the circle, glued it in the bottle cap and put Crystal Lacquer in on top of the image)
I had some tiny gemstones that I put in the centers of the circles, and on the flower centers in the bottle cap as well.
Enjoy! Hope it makes you smile!
Patti J.
~Go CARDINALS!!! Happy Fourth to All!

12 comments:

Stacey Schafer said...

How cute! Your bottle cap embellishment is fabulous...and I'm loving those swirly punches:) Thanks so much for playing the JCI43!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Goodness, Patty, this is beautiful! What a great idea to bring back the bottle cap as an embellishment. It really adds just the right touch. Love the DP, too.

Love and hugs,
Lisa

Lisa Hjulberg said...

okay, you know I'm lame when I spell your name with a y instead of an i... it's ridiculous how I get stuck like that. perhaps a lobotomy would help?

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful and you have interpreted the theme so perfectly.
Love the bottle caps, need to get some myself! But i don't drink!
Have a nice week-end.
Hugs xx
Pat
Funny, the word verification is PRIER, which means Pray

Ali Dantre said...

Hi Patti, found your comment over on Judy's Blog...Bless your heart. So, I thought I would pop over and scan your Blog :o) hehe. What a beautiful blog it is too!

This jewellery is top draw sweetie.

Hugs
Lisa.xx

Chelsea said...

Great Job on the challenge Pat!

Caryl P said...

This turned out so gorgeous!!! I'm jealous of that bottle cap...I wanted to but knew I couldnt' pull it off that beautifully. Happy 4th and GO YANKS!

Georgia said...

Cute card! Never thought of using bottle caps!

Crystal said...

WOW this is GORGEOUS!!! LOVE LOVE your take on the inspiration!!! Fabulous job and card!! Have a wonderful weekend!!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Very pretty card. Wonderful design.

Cat said...

How cute! I love the bottle cap! What a clever idea!

Maria Matter said...

Wowzer, Patti!
This is gorgeous!
You used a bottle cap...how cool is that?! Just fabulous!

Blessings, Maria