Wednesday, July 8, 2009

That Tickles Me...

Today's challenge over at 365 Cards, is to make a silly, or funny card, one that 'tickles'.
This stamp is one that I don't get to use very often, so I couldn't resist. And, be honest, dear friends, haven't you even just once or twice wanted SO badly to mutter this sentiment (Put your big girl panties on and deal with it) to someone???

Anyway, this little stamp definitely tickles me!
Stamp: Stamps Happen
Ink: Versafine, Black
DP: Best Creation
CS: DCWV
Flower: Dazzlers by Petaloo
Another thing that tickles me is my blogging friend, Georgia, over at Gram's Place. Georgia sets her OWN challenges, and succeeds at them all! Her blog is so bright and cheery and fun - if you haven't been over to see her, please drop by. Sign up to follow while you are there - she is one very nice, and very fun lady! You will enjoy her blog!

DD was stung badly by something last night. She is pretty highly allergic, and we had several pretty frightening hours. I stayed up until a little after 3 a.m., and got back up with her around six, and she seemed like she was doing fairly well. She had to go on into work today, so I'll be curious to see how she is after a 12 hour manager on duty shift. A few hundred more grey hairs for mom!

Okay, I have procrastinated long enough. I'm off to my ladder to do some painting! I'll try to have something new for tomorrow! I've been working on a swap, and could post it, but then Chelsea and Suzanne wouldn't be surprised!!!

Take care, everyone!
Patti J.
~Our deeds determine us as much as we determine our deeds.
(Proverbs 20:11)

17 comments:

Ella said...

So cute! Hope your daughter is doing better!

Caryl P said...

I'm pretty sure someone has said that to ME!!! What a funny card, I love it.
Thanks for the heads up about Gram's place I'm headed there now...

Sherry Eckblad said...

Great Card. I have that exact stamp and don't use it nearly enough as it is so time consuming to color in.

STAMPING SAM said...

Great card and it got a giggle out of me! Thanks for your comments on my new blog and Kim's. It is exciting to start connecting with people of like interests. Hope MG is doing better.

Unknown said...

Great card! I need to remember that sentiment! LOL

Crystal said...

HOW FUN!!! GREAT CARD!!!

Curt in Indy said...

OMGosh this made me laugh right out loud! I've not heard that sentiment before, but you can bet I'll be using it in my future conversations! What a great card and your image for this challenge was right on the mark! Too funny! I'm sorry for what you and your poor daughter went through! I do hope she is all right now! Best, Curt

Anonymous said...

OMG, I LOVE this card such a great sentiment, Oh I would love to send this to some people and to myself on occasion, but not to often :), Great job.

Georgia said...

Love the sentiment!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Yes, I've wanted to say that many times! Sometimes I have to remind myself to do the same...

I do hope your daughter is okay... what a thing! Allergic reactions are nothing to mess around with, for sure.

So what are you painting? Maybe it will say in your last post, which is where I'm headed.

Hugs and smiles dear friend.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hi Patti! This is so cute, and yes I've wanted to say that a few times!! lol. I'm so glad you stopped by my blog, yours is so lovely and fun too! I will be back!
smiles,Deena

Brenda said...

Fabulous card, I have always loved that stamp. Patti I hope your daughter is feeling better, that must have been very scary.

Anonymous said...

Such a fun card Patti!
Will go around Gram's place now.
Be careful on that ladder!
Hope your daughter feels better.
I woke up this morning to find a bee in my bedroom, we slept with it. I remember chasing it yesterday and i thought it went out but this morning it was there!
How come they are able to come in but never can find their way out!
Hugs xx
Pat

MJ said...

Oh yea, I HAVE said that but under my breath! Great card. Thanks for the nice comments on my blog and to answer your question about my challenges you can use any stamps you want. Come on over and play I would love to have you!

Maz said...

I hope your daughter is feeling better, great take on the challenge
maz

Glittered Paws said...

This is perfect - in fact I know a couple of people I could send this to!!! Great job.

Suzanne said...

No preposting swaps!!! That would be a total bummer!! I think I need that saying stamp. I've wanted to say that to a lot of people lately. Keep us updated about your daughter.