Friday, July 24, 2009

Mirror Me...

Where has this week gone? I've thought all week I would try some new challenges, and suddenly it's Friday!!! Egads, time flies, and I don't feel like I have accomplished much. Oh well, that's what next week is for, right? Lol...

The 365 Cards Challenge for today was "Mirror Me". We were to create symmetry on our card. Well, again, I didn't have much time, so this was done in a hurry. I thought it best to not include any bling, or sentiment. I thought it was peaceful as is...


The tree image is from Rubber Stampede, Inc. The little birds are from Stampscapes, and I used a Rubber Stampede Mirror Image Stamp to reverse the image. (This is a flat stamp that you actually stamp ON, and then quickly stamp your cardstock while the ink is still wet). I sponged with Ice Blue Color Box Chalk ink, and stamped with Versafine Brown.

Hope you enjoy it - it is supposed to resemble trees at waters edge. I think I need some lessons on this technique!!!
I am certainly enjoying the 'blurfing' that I have time to do. It's so much fun to see all of your beautiful creations, and to get to know each of you through our love of all things paper and ink...
Be sure to check out the badge at the top right on my blog! My dear friend Lisa, is starting a Sunday afternoon Challenge!!!! She is wonderful, and sweet, and talented, and I can't wait to see our first challenge! I will be there for sure!!!
Blessings!

Patti J.
~TGIF

21 comments:

Carolyn V said...

Oh Patti! That is simply stunning!

Oh, and I'll check out your friend's challenge on Sunday - it should be fun! :)

Vicki said...

Wow, fab card Patti, you are so clever to master this, I'm sure I would make a mess if I tried it..lol

Vicki x

Tasia D said...

Absolutely gorgeous work - I love this!

Georgia said...

Once again, beautfiul card. Never heard of the mirror image stamp. I'll have to put it on my wishlist.

Jenny S. (UK) said...

Stunning card.!

Susan said...

oh, the best card yet! love this Patti. You did a fantastic job on the challenge.

Unknown said...

Patti this is so beautiful. You are right bling would not have suited it this is gorgeous on it's own. My pain by the way is because I need double knee replacements and I am on huge amounts of pain killers until I can have the operation. Apparently I am too young at 52 yrs old to have it lol so I have to put up with the pain for another couple of years. Thanks for your concern *grins*
Hugs
Michelle

Brenda said...

Very pretty Patti!! This is such a neat technique and you did a fantastic job.

Beate said...

Gorgeous card, Patti! Love the stamp you chose and love the soft colors.
Hugs and smiles

Suzanne said...

You've inspired me to search for my mirror image stamp. I know it's around here somewhere! Great, great card.

Ella said...

I'm in love! This is amazing, simple, gorgeous!!

Lost in Paper said...

beautiful card!!!

Piali said...

Beautiful!!! so neatly done. just love it.

Crystal said...

Patti WOW I love the mirrored look...you did such a beautiful job!!! Love this, its gorgeous!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Simply lovely, Patti! You do not need lessons... you need to give them! Did you use a Stamp-a-ma-jig for perfect placement? I've heard of this technique but never tried it. You've inspired me!

The black lines against the soft blue really make this extra special.

Thanks so much for supporting my challenge! Perhaps Mirror Images should be one of them...hmmmm.

Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

It is gorgeous, i always wanted to try this technique but never found the stamp in my craft shop.
I'll check out your friend's challenge blog for sunday.
Hugs xx
Pat

Glittered Paws said...

Well you certainly "nailed" this one - don't you just love the mirror image stamp??? I haven't used it in a while but you inspiried me to not put it back on my shelf.

Cat said...

Fabulous card, Patti! I haven't tried this technique on a card yet.
Great job!

Caryl P said...

This is gorgeous! I wish I had some tree stamps to try it out. Thanks for the tip on the new challenge, tomorrow is my day to stamp!

Rose said...

what a fantastic card!! i thought it was all one stamp until i read how you did the reflection! awesome :)

Pam said...

What a clever idea for this challenge - well, done!