Friday, July 31, 2009

Glorious Day in Missouri!

We have been blessed with the most glorious of days today! It's sunny and clear, and not too hot, with a nice breeze as a bonus! I think it's 84 degrees, but the breeze makes it so nice!


Have you ever had one of 'those' stamps? You know - the ones that you reach for over and over again? Well, this stamp today is one of 'those' stamps! It works up so beatifully, with so little effort!


I made this card per the Our Creative Corner challenge sketch for this week.




I stamped the birds on white CS. I then stamped it again on DP. I cut out just the parts I wanted, and pieced them onto the birds bodies. I did just a wee bit of coloring on the tree/leaves, punched the image out, distressed around the edge, and added some flat pearls for bling. You know me and my bling...sigh - just have to have it! The ribbons are actually an old retired TAC image that I stamped onto the DP and cut out - don't they look real???


The image is Inkadinkado, the DP is TAC, and the Ink is Stampin' Up Tempting Turquoise. Hope you enjoy it!


DH is taking me into the city! Heart be still! We are going to not only Michael's where I have a 50% off coupon (one reg. price item) but to Hobby Lobby as well (only 25% there...). I still have some money left at HL from a gift card I received for my retirement, so all in all, I shouldn't have to be TOO bad today!


Hope you enjoy your day, and your weekend! I'm giving myself a bit of a break from the challenges I've been doing, and am trying a few others this weekend.


Blessings!
Patti J.

19 comments:

Crystal said...

Patti girl LOVE that image and these colors!!! Love all the scallops too..Such a beautiful card!! Enjoy your gorgeous day there!! Hugs!

STAMPING SAM said...

It is a great day in MO. But I'm inside painting still - ugh! This is it though, one more week Patti, if ya know what I mean!

such a sweet card. Like the ribbon idea, I should start writing all the things I'm learning so I don't forget...really, I should!

Enjoy the fresh air.

Cat said...

OMGosh! I thought that was real ribbon! Gorgeous card, Patti!
BTW we are having gorgeous weather here too. It was a perfect day for Hobby Hopping!

Brenda said...

Patti I love this, what wonderful colors. It is absolutely gorgeous and the pearl accents are fab!!

Barb said...

I LOVE this! Such a wonderful image, and I love it paired with all of the blue :)

Happy shopping!!!

Anna said...

Beautiful, Patti! Glad to hear you're having nice weather! Means it'll head to VA in a few days!

Caryl P said...

Oooh, I just love that stamp! I can see why it's a go-to. Great job on the sketch it's a beautiful card!

Scrappinangler said...

This turned out so cute! :) Hope I pick up some goodies at CHA! :)

Alysabeth said...

wonderful card, love the beads.

I made a card today that looks like your blog, too funny!

Good Luck with my candy and thanks for following:o)

Anonymous said...

Wow your card is Fab! I thought they were real ribbons until you told us!
And i love the pearls, it's very cute.
Enjoy your day!
Hugs xx
Pat

Chelsea said...

Lovely Card .... great way to use all of the TAC papers together on one card! Brilliant!

Vicki G said...

This is absolutely Gorgeous Patti!!!

Vicki

Heather said...

Patti - you won Blog candy on my blog - e-mail me your address so I can get it in the mail to you honey!

Your card is beautiful, very nice color combo!!

Crystal said...

Hey Patti it's me again!!! :) Katelyn is the one in the black shirt with darker hair...the other one is her best friend!!! Hugs, hope you are enjoying your weekend!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card - that bird stamp is awesome! And, of course, I like the TAC designer paper too! Have a great day shopping today. And thanks for stopping by my blog! rita w

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Patti!! I love this card!! So elegant and downright gorgeous!! Love the scallops and the colors!!

Thanks for your comments on my blog. In answer to your question, my sister does have a blog but it is not at all active. She has had a super busy summer and has put more time into her Stampin Up Demo work.
Here blog is here: http://www.jnielsen.typepad.com

Glad it was a good day for you today. I hope the rest of your weekend is as nice.

blessings,
Chris

Anonymous said...

Hi Patti, me again!
There is something for you on my blog.
Hugs xx
Pat

Lisa Hjulberg said...

So, what did you buy???

What a CUTE card! I love that "tweet" image. I'm a sucker for birdies. And, yes, those definitely look like ribbons.

Hugs my friend.
Lisa

Gwen Mangelson said...

I am so excited that you may come by! WOOW HOOO!!! and I love this card! The colors are wonderful!