Saturday, July 18, 2009

"Paint It"

Happy Saturday!

I think that on this beautiful, glorious Saturday, Pam, over at 365 Cards is attempting to punish me for something!

I rushed over to see what her challenge was this a.m., and EGADS! The theme today is "Paint It"... Now, for most, that's not an issue. However, most of you know that we are in the midst of a minor renovation around here, and that I've had a paintbrush in my hand at least part of every day this week! So, when I saw the word "P-A-I-N-T" I almost ran and hid! Instead, I went to the cabinet to check out what paints I might have on hand. I had exactly two colors - orange and green. YUK! I couldn't think of a thing to do with these colors - so I mixed the two...Ahhhhh...that's some better - now I had a hue of hideous brownish, greenish, color, that sort of resembled some things the kids used to carry around in their diapers...tee hee.

I grabbed one of the reject paint samples from earlier this week and thought, aha! And here is the end result - let me know what you think!

Pam, if you are reading this, I'm only kidding - this was a fun challengs!!! I love having to think 'outside the box'! You rock!

Supplies: Making memories paint, DCWV CS, Paint Sample Strip, TAC Stamps, Brads from my stash, Ribbon from same stash.

Have a great Saturday - off to Lowe's and Sherwin Williams!

Patti J.
~Thank goodness wrinkles don't hurt!

16 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Now that's different!!!

I'm amazed that you did the challenge at all! This card is really interesting - I like it!

Crystal said...

Very cool card, wow you rocked this challenge!

Suzanne said...

I love this card!

Caryl P said...

I just saw in Real Simple a different idea to use paint chips for, and thought "I'll use them on a card." You STOLE my idea right out of my head. Beautiful work, even if it was extra painting for you!

SAM said...

Patti, how funny! When I saw the challenge first thing this morning I thought I could use the trim brush I would be using in the bedroom and kitchen! (thank goodness Jim is doing the rolling) Just got in from 2 1/2 hours of mowing and maybe after dinner I might, stressing might, make a paint card (not a paint 'chip')tonight. I too have lots of paint chips but I just bought some metallic Makeing Memories paint so I will probably try that.

ps At least the weather is cooperating with painting. How wonderful is that?

Unknown said...

You did a great job Patti. I love it!
Hugs
Michelle

Carolyn V said...

What fun!

~amy~ said...

nice work...pam does make us think on her challenges, doesn't she :)

NikkiM said...

Okay you painting genius - you rock! This has gotta win some sort of prize for the prettiest doo doo green painting I've ever seen :)

Barb said...

Way to rock the paint challenge... even if you REALLY did want to :)

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Very clever Patti! I love green. It's the color of money. LOL

So what exactly are you renovating/ painting? When you're done, will you fly out here and paint my house? It's in dire need. hahaha

Hugs and smiles dear friend,
Lisa

Pam said...

Thank you for making me laugh out loud, Patti! I think this is quite wonderful, and a great example of a painted card!!

Sonia said...

Cool idea with paintchip... i have a lot of paintchips, lol!!!
Yesterday i playing with that border stamp (Believe) with the same ink.. i hope soon i create something.
Great Job Patti!!

**Sony**

Anonymous said...

Wow great work of art Patti! I just love it. You are becoming a real artist ;-)
Hugs xx
Pat

Cat said...

Great idea to use paint chips! Good luck with your remodeling! We just finished remodeling our deck. Looking back, it was worth all the mess while in progress.

NikkiM said...

I couldn't resist commenting on this post again :) I so love your name, your work and your flair! I've given you a blog award, go check it out :)