Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Holiday Cards

Today was a busy day here!
+++++

Little white furball had to be groomed today, it was Stamp Club Day, and three checkbooks had to be balanced. I made time to play a bit this evening, however!

+++++


This first card is one of my favorites. I really like the way it turned out! CS was GKD Pure Luxury Ivory, and Stampin' Up Bermuda Bay. Ink and Ribbon were Stampin'Up Bermuda Bay. Stamps were once again, Theresa Momber's "Very Merry Christmas" set.



Hope you like it!!! I submitted it into a challenge at Stamp TV that was to make a 'kickstand' card.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
This card was made for the Cuttlebug Spot Challenge, which was to make a monochromatic card, and for sketch challenge STVSC33 at Stamp TV.. I used DCWV CS, misc. embossing folders, and Rupa Shvede's "So Grateful" stamps. Ink was Versafine Brown. Image was stamped on GKD Pure Luxury Ivory, punched out, and then stamped again. I colored and fussy cut the second image, and used pop dots to adhere it over the first image. Flower is Martha Stewart punch. Flower center is a scrap of embossed CS.




Hope you like this one too!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Yikes! We get up at 4 a.m. tomorrow - must get some sleep!
Have a great night - rest well!
Patti J.

11 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

These are both so beautiful Patti!! I just love the bermuda bay and the silver with those sweet ornaments on the first one and the gold with the dry embossing and perfect harvest image on the second!! Awesome work my friend
hugs and blessings,
Chris

Crystal said...

WOW Patti these are both sooooo BEAUTIFUL!!!! Great holiday cards and color combos and texture!!! Great creations!!! Hugs!

Stef H said...

wow! these are both gorgeous! those bells are just awesome.

hugs,

Nikki Schmaltz said...

These are both so pretty! I really love the silver embossed one. I think silver embossing at Christmas is sooo elegant. Also, I think we must be kindred spirits. Your comment about the "free" word is EXACTLY what I usually say. I just didn't want to scare off any new followers. BTW, I'm totally into yoga so I will be meditating for you*wink* I shall send vibes to the blog candy gods:) However, my kids will be doing the picking so it all falls in there grubby, little hands.

Julie Robinson said...

what a beautiful and sophisticated fall card! just love it!

Brenda said...

Gorgeous cards Patti! I love the bells in blue, very nice.

Danni said...

More wonderful creations!!

DonnaMundinger said...

wow, beautiful cards! Love the silver and blue, and your monochromatic card is lovely. thanks for joining us at TCS. xxD

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Oh, wow, yummy yum on both counts! I gotta try that kick-stand technique. I've been seeing some cool stuff out there.

Caryl P said...

I love these both Patti, fabulous work! The silver with black and bermuda bay makes a statement (note to self) and the thanksgiving card has so many details. How do you do it? Perhaps it's the lack of baseball....

Sue Lelli said...

BOTH cards are beautiful! Love the bermuda bay card simply because it is one of my fav colors! The challenge card is terrific and i love all of the layers and details!