Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Special Snowpeople...

This week, Stamp Simply had a challenge to make a gatefold card. I love gatefold cards! I just had to take part in this challenge!



I decided to pair it with the challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ, which was to follow the scripture: Luke 2:11: "Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord." (NIV) The challenge was to make a card or project featuring the nativity or other religious theme about Christ's birth. Here is what I did...

Front of card...


Inside of card...


Recipe: Stamps: The Angel Company, Ink: Versafine Black, Colored with Kooh-I-Noor Pencils, White Fun Flock, Starburst glitter pen, DCWV Cardstock.

***********
Switching gears a bit, I found a new challenge! Well, actually, a new challenge found me! I had a comment yesterday from one of the ladies at Digi Kitty Challenge Blog, inviting me over to play! Of course, I did!!! We were to use Purple, Orange, Green, Black, and of course, Jack, the image! Looking at this photo, the little spots of purple in the white circles don't show up... (sad face here)... My card is below:


Hope you like them! Thanks for stopping by! I'm off now to check out your blogs - it's been a paperwork day here, and I haven't had a chance to blurf today!
Peace out dudes and dudettes!
Patti J.
~Lol....Embarrassing church sign: This evening at 7 p.m. there will be a hymn sing in the park across the street from the church. Bring a blanket and come prepared to sin.






14 comments:

Maria Matter said...

Hi Patti!

using the nativity for the 'baby' card was brilliant!!! love it!

And your pumpkin card is gorgeous...how fun!

that embarassing church sign is too funny! I remember getting an email with a list of funny church sayings, wish I could remember some of them. I do remember they were hilarious! lol
take care
blessings, Maria

Davi said...

Your nativity baby card is very creative and beautiful. Great Job!!

Danni said...

Wonderful cards! Really like your snow people one!!

peggysue said...

Both cards are very nice, I've never seen that snowman family. Thanks for playing in the Stampin' Sisters for Christ challenge, hope to see you next week.

Kim Mc said...

Aloha Patti!
Sorry it's been so long since I left a comment...I'm sad to say I've gotten into the groove of just checking stuff out and not leaving comments...bad me! Hopefully I'll get back on track soon. Thanks for all your wonderful comments on my stuff too. You and my mom got me into this and I'm very thankful for that! :)

As for these creations, so cute! The snowman family is precious and goes great with the verse. The pumpkin is "spot on" (hehe!)

Aloha, Kim

Anonymous said...

I love this stamp. I have never seen a snowman manger scene. My DIL would love it. It works so well as a gate fold card.

Playing with us at SSCC is so fun isn't it. Thanks

Krista said...

Your nativity card is so cute and sweet.

Cat said...

That snowman nativity scene is adorable! Perfect DP for the Halloween card! I'm lovin' it!

Pamela said...

That first card is so cute! Both of these are great!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Oh, Patti, your nativity scene is too cute! Wonderful job with the gatefold. I never think to do that technique. And your funny pumpkin makes me smile!

~Jeri~ said...

Hey Patti!!! Your cards are beautiful!!! WOnderful work on both of them!!!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Digi Kitty and we hope to see you join us again for upcoming challenge.

Gypsy said...

Oh Patti--this is adorable! I love all of your cards--and Jack is so cute printed on patterned paper--just LOVE that! Your paper piecing is great--very talented!
Thank you for playing along with Digi Kitty this week--we have a NEW challenge tomorrow morning--hope you will hop over and play along for a GREAT prize package and Guest Designer!

Anonymous said...

Hee Hee--adorable! Love it!!
The paper piecing is really great on your pumpkin Jack!
Thanks for giving our new blog challenge a chance--I'm honored!
Your work is SO cute!

Purrs & Kisses,
Digi Kitty
www.thedigikitty.blogspot.com
Come take the Meow-Meow challenge!

Anonymous said...

Patti--you won our challenge-but you didnt become a follower--part of the challenge! Could you come over and follow?
I have a set of 5 Halloween stamps for you--if you will email me
so I can get them to you!
We also hope you will do our challenge this week--colors of autumn.
I also just posted a FREEBIE Christmas image--and there will be another FREEBIE image up tomorrow for our BLog Hop! Plus I need you to contact me for the Guest Designer Spot.