Saturday, October 10, 2009

Teeth of the Wicked Witches....


Good morning, and happy Saturday! I think I'll start this morning with another amazing image from Nina at "There's Magic in the Air".
***
Each Monday morning, Nina posts a new free digital image that she encourages us to grab, create with, and enter into her weekly challenges.
***
I don't normally like 'rodents', but this little guy very quickly made me smile!
***
Really..... he looks like he's saying "Hand over the chocolate and no one gets hurt"! Hmmmm...maybe if it's a rodent, he's looking for the cheese, who knows???
***
Anyway, he was so adorable, I just had to play!
Supplies: DCWV CS, DP scrap from my stash, Martha Stewart edge punch, brads from my stash, Kooh-I-Noor Pencils and LOMS, and I used some Marvy and Stampin' Up inks to stipple around the scene. The sentiment is TAC.
**********
This next project was made for Gina K.'s 'Candy' Challenge at Stamp TV this week. I am also submitting it to Three Clover's challenge, which was also to make a Halloween Treat Box!
I created an ornament box from the downloadable pattern by Jennifer Carter, on TAC's website.
I did not have any Gina K. Halloween stamps, but I downloaded all of my DP from the Freebie's on Stamp TV.
Maybe this will count on the challenge as using GKD supplies!
***
The box is pretty self-explanatory.
***
I found these adorable glass ornaments at Hobby Lobby, and decided that I shouldn't save them all for Christmas!
***
I thought they'd make a cute Halloween treat as well.
***
However, when I found this wonderful purple candy corn, I quickly discovered that they would not fit into the ornament opening. (very sad face here).
So....I decided to cut them in half! When I began cutting, I realized that they resembled rotten teeth, so I'm calling them "Teeth of the Wicked Witches"...


Thanks for stopping by today to look!

***

I'm off to do a few chores, and will be back in a little while to check out all of your blogs to see what beauties you have created!

***

Have a good day!

***

Patti J.

***

Things to be happy about:

falling in love

laughing so hard your face hurts

no lines at Wal-Mart!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a cute card! I just love it and your box is fab!
I hope you have a lovely week-end.
Hugs xx
Pat

Crystal said...

OOO Patti what an adorable card, and love love your project too!!! Your halloween creations are awesome!

Suzanne said...

Very creative! Go Patti!

Glittered Paws said...

Well I don't like rodents either but you sure made this little guy a cutie - as long as it is on a card they are fine.

Caryl P said...

He is a cute rodent, though eerily cute. He reminds me a bit of the movie The Witches when the children get turned into mice!

Danni said...

Wonderful creations!!

Nikki Schmaltz said...

Such cute projects. As a former dental hygienist, I absolutely love the rotten teeth treats. Believe me, I have seen teeth that look much worse:( I need to check out stamp tv. I never do that. Thanks for all the lovely tips today. Also, I am sooo jealous that you have that new MS punch. LOVE IT!

Barb said...

I love love LOVE the witch teeth! What fun treat packaging!

Lisa Foster said...

WOWZA! You've been a busy lady, Patti! Super cute card! Fabulous coloring! Your box project is jaw-dropping AWESOME! You rock!!!
Hugs,
Lisa

Cat said...

OMGosh! What adorable cards! I LOVE those rotten teeth! You are so clever! And yes, the pumpkin plates are from Dollar General. I seem to have mixed my letters up when posting. I don't think there is a GDS! LOL!

Jen Carter said...

So cute!! Love the idea of putting the candy in the ornament! How fun!!

Sharri said...

Patti, That little guy is adorable and so is your card! I love the treat box and the witches teeth!

Maria Matter said...

oh this is a fabulous halloween project....love that treat box!!!

I think the challenge over at three clovers design is to make a treat holder...this would be perfect!

Great paper with that cute little spider!
Love the card too...you did a great job with Nina's little character, beautifully colored Patti!
Enjoy your Sunday!!!
Blessings, Maria

Georgia said...

You have been busy! These projects are great! I still haven't made a single card. Feel like a race horse in the starting gate. I'm chomping at the bit to break out and make a card!

Curt in Indy said...

Your Nina image card is adorable! I love your description of him! LOL so cute. That ornament box is awesome and how creative to fill it with Halloween Candy and make it a Halloween ornament! How fun. I went to the link you provided, but did not find the pattern to the box though. :( Best, Curt

Nina said...

Patti, your card is super cute and what a lovely rodent you have there! :O) I think he is after candy, but I know how much rats and mice love carrots too! LOL.. much better for the teeth. Speaking of teeth, what a great treat box and ornament, who would have ever thought christmas bulb for halloween candy! brillent! Also, love that MS punch on the card such cuteness! Thanks for playing along this week over at TMITA, I always love stopping by and reading your little stories that accompany your projects! :O)

Linda aka Oz said...

The card is so delightful. The rodent is way to cute. I am concerned that a child would get ahold of a glass ball that was difficult to get candy out of. But I think the idea behind it was really cute. Linda aka Oz

Vintageandjournals said...

What a fabolous idea...love the card too!

Unknown said...

Hi Patti,
The mouse card is so so cute, I love it. I missed out on getting him over at Magic In The Air. What you have done with him is wonderful!!!
Hugs
Michelle

Brenda said...

Adorable card and what a neat box, love them!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Too funny with those witches teeth! I've never seen purple candy corn before. And your card is super cute!