Sunday, October 4, 2009

Short 'n Sweet Post...

Happy Sunday everyone! Hope that you all enjoyed WCMD yesterday - I sure did! There were TONS of great things out on the web to see and do! Thanks to all of you for inspiring little old me!



I decided to do a scrapbook challenge today! I know, crazy, isn't it? I have stacks upon stacks of photo's that I could so easily start putting in books! that was actually the 'plan' for retirement. Yikes, haven't touched any yet! Well, I have touched ONE!!!



The challenge was offered on Stamp TV, by Theresa Momber. Theresa is an amazing, talented lady, that I have come to 'know' through the blogosphere. If I had just as much talent as is in that girl's pinky finger, I'd be on Cloud Nine for the rest of my days!!! You need to go check out her blog - she puts a wonderful tutorial up with every card she posts! Really!!! Today's post features her newest Christmas set that she illustrated and designed for Gina K. Designs, as well as a sheet full of tips on how to use each of the stamps!
Here is Theresa's sample page (sketch) that she had us CASE.


Here is my page. I used an OLD photo of DD. She was in high school (she's been out for over 10 years!). I versamarked the background, as I couldn't find any DP to coordinate!


Looking at it on the "big screen" I see lots of things I'd change the next time! That's why they call it a challenge, and also why we always get another chance, right???

Recipe: Gina K. Designs, "Friendship Blooms" for versamarked background

Gina K. Designs, "Comfort and Peace" for flower vase

Rupa Shevde's "So Grateful" for Sentiment

Versafine Black Ink for stamping

Stampin' Up Bermuda Bay Ink for distressing, and Bermuda Bay CS.

Tombow Green marker

Gina K's luxury white CS

Checked CS from my stash (I stamped the vase of flowers a second time on this checked CS, and cut the pieces out for the vase and flowers)

Have a wonderful evening!

Patti J.

6 comments:

Cat said...

I love your scrapbook page, Patti! Your daughter is beautiful! I planned to get more into scrapbooking too, and then cardmaking took over! (It's Georgia's fault! lol)

Crystal said...

Oh my Patti what a wonderful scrapbook page!!! I love your take on the lo and the colors look GREAT!!!! So very lovely Patti!

Anna said...

Great page! You did a wonderful job casing the original page!

Maria Matter said...

Hi Patti!
Your page is terrific, beautiful DD even if it is an old pix....sure she's even more gorgeous now!!
Great job on the CASE, love the color you used, brings out her eyes!
Great job!!!
Blessings, Maria

Suzanne said...

It's absolutely lovely. I love the colors.

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Look at you scrapbooking! It's a lovely page, Patti! Your daughter looks so sweet and happy. Bravo!

I'm being drawn back into scrapbooking myself. That's actually where I got my start. Stay tuned!