Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Happy Fall, Ya'll...

I think that fall is in the air! It's been a little chilly in Missouri! Today was beautiful, but crisp. A very fitting day to work on a 'fall' card! I chose to work on the Cuttlebug Challenge this afternoon. The theme was to make either a 'fall' or 'Halloween' card. As I currently am in need of a masculine card, I chose to work on the 'fall' card!



Starting with a piece of pumpkin colored cardstock, I just sponged various shades of greens, oranges, browns, and yellows. It's actually more of a medium green overall shade than what it seems on the "tv", not an orangy color... I then used the Cuttlebug embossing folder "Bird Call". After embossing, the embossed areas were chalked with green and brown.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next, I inked up Theresa Momber's newest set for Gina K. Designs, "Very Merry Christmas". What a beautiful set! The image was stamped on Gina K's luxury ivory (thanks Shirley!), and colored with Kooh-I-Noor pencils. The edging was done with a Krylon Gold Paint Pen. The red CS was the sparkly cardstock that TAC sells. After coloring, little accent dots were added with a Sakura Starburst Gelly Roll Pen. I liked the way that the dots gave the image a velvety look.




Hope that you like these. I have so enjoyed Theresa's Merry Christmas set! I actually won this set playing on the Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge a few weeks ago! It is wonderful!



Have a great night!


Patti J.

Did you know...a dime has 118 ridges around the edge.

(go ahead and count them, you know you want to!!! : - )

16 comments:

Danni said...

That first card is stunning and oh so beautiful! Wow!!
Second one is nice as well but wow, that first one....

Crystal said...

Oh my Patti these are beautiful!!! I LOVE how you did the colors on your fall card...BEAUTIFUL!!!

Maria Matter said...

Beautiful cards Patti!
I absolutely love that sponged background...wowzer!

The Christmas card looks like a Halmark.....just beautiful!!!
Have a great Thursday, my friend!
Blessings, Maria

Georgia said...

Very pretty cards, Patti. No, I didn't bring a single item; however, I plan on searching out all the craft stores within a 30 mile radius while I'm here. Have a good one.

Anonymous said...

I just love the first card, it is stunning! The second one is beautiful.
Hugs xx
Pat

Dawnll said...

Your first card is one of my favorite embossing folders...I love how you used all the great fall colors, don't look "angry" to me. Happy fall sweetie!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Yummy cards! I'm starting to get inspired to make some Christmas cards, but I'm still enjoying fall cards.

It's cooler here right now, but we're still in for another heat wave before it really settles into fall. Send some of that crisp coolness my way, please!

Nikki Schmaltz said...

Wow Patti!

That first card is just stunning! I just saw the new GK stamps and fell in love. Now I must save up to buy them. Your card is a beaute!

Suzanne said...

Both of these are totally awesome. Those fall colors are especially appealing on that card. Great job!

Brenda said...

Patti your cards are so beautiful! I missed that you had won Theresa's set, that is awesome, you are on a roll!!

Curt in Indy said...

I LOVE that CB card! The background colors are so beautiful! The Christmas card is wonderful too, but that Fall card is just stunning! Best, Curt

Cat said...

Fabulous techniques on these cards! So beautiful!

Shantaie said...

Your fall card is just beautiful.{is beautiful a musculine word} :) maybe handsome is more fitting!
You can send some of that cool crisp air down to Florida, we wont mind!!

Thanks so much for playing along at cuttlebug challenge blog! Shantaie

csroyal said...

Oh, how cool is that first card!!? Very nicely done, both of them! Glad to see you over at Cuttlebug Challeng Blogspot!

Cindy

Anonymous said...

Patti Your cards are so `beautiful`
Thanks for joining in with the Cuttlebug Challenges
terrie
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

Maggie Lamarre said...

luv luv how you use the embossing folder.
Maggie
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com
http://cuttingabove.blogspot.com