Thursday, October 8, 2009

All that glitters IS gold!

Yep, all that glitters IS gold! On the following card at least! Giovana, over at StampTV posted a challenge this week to use gold, gold, and GOLD! This is a color combination (tee hee) that I rarely ever work with, so I couldn't resist the challenge! Way to get me out of my comfort zone, Giovana! Again, I grabbed Theresa Momber's new Christmas set for this card! I stamped the tree and sentiment on GKD's Luxury Ivory CS, matted on shiny gold and then on a gold swirly DP from my stash. Card base is also Luxury Ivory. The bows are glittered with gold, the apples on the tree are Crystal Lacquered so they appear shiny. The trim is some awesome gold that I found last trip to Hobby Lobby.

The next card was made for several challenges!


***************


Paper Blooms - Monochromatic Card

FlutterBy Wednesday - Add a fairy or butterfly to your card


Stampin' Sisters in Christ - "Show the earth rejoicing...flowers blooming, oceans roaring, trees bursting with fruit, etc."


***********************************


All papers hail from DCWV's cute little paper packs! Image and sentiment are The Angel Company, CS is DCWV


******************

Sure hope you see something you like!


**************************


Have a super Friday - I'm off in the pouring down rain to Wal-Mart - ugh...someone can shoot me now and save me the trouble!


Patti J.


**************************************************


Did you know...a cat has 32 muscles in each ear... (come on now, you canNOT count muscles - you have to take my word for it!)

After all, I read it on the internet, so it must be true, right???

25 comments:

Lisa Foster said...

These are both SOOO Gorgeous, Patti!!! WOW!!!

I do believe that a cat has 32 muscles in each ear...my kitty's ears are always moving...here I thought it Feline ADHD! Ha!
Hugs,
Lisa

Priscilla said...

OMG...both of your cards are wonderful. I really like the gold on your first card and the on the Midnight Madness sketch card your papers are awesome... What great cards and wonderful take on the sketch. Reminders.. you can get an extra entry for the MMSC22 Weekly Bonus Prize just for adding the Blog Hop logo to your side bar and today is the last day to enter the Huge Workbox giveaway if you have not done that yet. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch challenge this week.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Gorgeous cards, Patti! You're rockin' that gold. Makes me want to break out my embossing heat gun. I haven't heat embossed in AGES. And cute multi-challenge card. Love, love, love it! And you!

I believe it about a cat's ears... it cracks me up how they move their ears to sound rather than their heads. I mess around with Jazzy all the time and make her do it. I think I need a life! LOL

Hugs,
Lisa

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Okay, never mind... you didn't emboss, but it looks like you did!!!

Crystal said...

WOW Girl what GREAT cards...oooo I JUST LOVE that gold glitter...gorgeous!

Georgia said...

Bang! Walmart in itself is a killer! Love both of your cards! Great job! I'm getting the itch to make a card!!!

Nikki Schmaltz said...

What a beautiful Christmas card. That gold trim is a gorgeous addition! I love the quilted, comfy feel of the second one. So warm and cozy as it continues to rain here:)

Brenda said...

Wowsa Patti these cards are gorgeous!! How long does it take you to make such masterpieces? I spend hours on one card and then it may not look half a good as yours.

Carol Hurlock said...

Both your cards are luscious Patti. I love the tranquil green...a splendid creation. The gold on the Christmas tree card is charming. Thanks for playing the MMSC Sketch Challenge this week. Be sure to mark your calendar for our blog hop on October 16 and your chance at one of the 25 prizes.

Carol
MMSC-Guest Designer

Stef H said...

oh these are absolutely gorgeous! that xmas one is a definite stunner!

hugs,

Leah said...

These are both beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Paper Blooms.

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Patti - love both of your cards, the gold is gorgeous on the first one and the SP on the MMSC is gorgeous! I love the monochromatc look and you have done it beautifully! Thanks for playing the MMSC Sketch Challenge this week and we look forward to seeing you again next week. Be sure to check back for the Blog Hop on October 16 with 25 amazing prizes!
linda MMSC Guest Designer

Chelsea said...

love your card and the colors!

Danni said...

Both of these are so nice! I have the set for the second one and never know what to do with it..you did for sure...gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Maria Matter said...

Gorgeous Patti!

I love, love, love your gold Christmas card....I'll send you my address! hehe
I think Gold just makes everything better...I have a lovely Christmas wreath that would look lovely stamped/embossed in gold! hmmmm!

And your beautiful multi challenge card lifts my thoughts to a higher place....the details you've added are just perfect!
Thanks for sharing...we're heading out into the rain to the local open-air farmers market...guess I'll be carrying around wet produce! :)
Blessings, Maria

Curt in Indy said...

Again, gorgeous cards! All that gold sure looks glittery! I love the two side strips on the Christmas card! Best, Curt

Pamela said...

Fabulous cards!!! :)

Rose said...

WOW!! the gold one is awesome!! your monochromatic is so pretty and i love the sentiment :0) thanks for joining us on paper blooms, LOL now i know why my fur babies are always twitching their ears!

Candace said...

Gorgeous cards!!! Thanks for playing in our challenge at SSCC! :)

Cat said...

Great cards, Patti! Your Christmas gold card is positively stunning!

Sonya said...

What a pretty sentiment, pretty papers & pretty card!!! What else can I say :)
So glad that you could play along!

Keep Smiling! ~ Sonya
Midnight Madness Design Team
http://thepinkpaperpenguin.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Thanks for playing along with us a SSCC. Your card is wonderful.

shelly said...

lovely cards thanks for sharing over at pb shelly

Michelle said...

oh a beautiful FBW card - Love the colors and details!!

Unknown said...

Hey there you,
Gorgeous cards as usual Patti lol. How have you been lately? I agree with Priscilla actually about the gold on your first card it looks amazing. Keep in touch my friend.
Hugs
Michelle