Friday, October 16, 2009

Another Auction....

I'm going to add something to the top here as a last minute silly card! The challenge this week at Saturday Spotlight has been to "Dress up those trees"! I think that this silvery glittery, blingy tree is pretty dressed up!!! Lol!
I think that it will also work for the challenge at Stamp Something, which is to "Bling" something! Whew...I love bling, but I hate doing it!!! I'm proud of me!


The projects I have today are the beginning of a basket of goodies that I'm doing for another upcoming charity auction.



A wonderful young woman that I used to work with has been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. She and her husband have 7 (yes, seven) children, the youngest is less than one year old. Shelly has the patience of a Saint - her job was to work each day as a house parent at the Children's Home that our school programs were run out of! Folks like that amaze me! I love kids to pieces, but I think if I had seven at home, I'd want to work alone, and out in the woods! Anyway, there is a fund raiser for her in a week or so. As she has no health insurance, the medical bills are adding more stress to an already bleak situation.



Here's what I have so far for the basket...



I have several of these little window tins, so I made a set of four Halloween notecards, and just wrapped the tin with a cardstock band.




Here are the four cards...All stamps are TAC.


*** *** *** *** *** *** ***



Then I made a folder, again with four cards. These, however, are A-2 cards, with decorated envelopes. Again, all stamps are TAC. DP is from last year's DCWV Christmas mat pack.




Not being sure who the recipients would be, I wen with a simple "hello" as a sentiment.


No clue as to whether anyone will even want them, but it's a start! Hopefully, I'll have something else to show tomorrow! I've got to find a challenge with these themes to enter these into since I don't have time to do this AND make cards for challenges!


Brrr....it's cold! How funny...If it were the end of winter, and spring was just around the corner, 44 and rainy would feel delightful. But when it's fall, and winter is just around the corner, it's an entirely different temperature! I know I should not complain, as some of you have posted photo's of snow already this year!


All righty then...I'm off to see what you talented, amazing folks have on your blogs today!


Have a great night - Happy FRIDAY!!!


Patti J.


~Life is good...

21 comments:

Maria Matter said...

Patti these are wonderful!
love the images on the halloween set and that tin is perfect!

Your set of hello cards are lovely too....a wonderful idea for a set!!!!

take care
Blessings, Maria

Danni said...

super projects! I love the snowmen ones...I just got that set! Fun!!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Stage 4 cancer? What kind? Oh, my gosh, my heart is breaking! What a saint you are to help raise money for that poor family. I pray that God will bless all your efforts and those of others, and that he will put his merciful healing hand on your friend.

And of course someone will want your handmade goodies! Who wouldn't! They are wonderful... and so are you!

Hugs,
Lisa

Georgia said...

Love all the cards! The little Halloween Stamps are adorable. I'll pray for your friend. It's so nice of you to help.

Crystal said...

Patti oh my word these are awesome!!!! What a great thing to do and I LOVE that halloween tin with cards, looks FABULOUS!!! LOVE LOVE those Christmas cards too!!! Wonderful work, HUGS!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Patti, I think you've done such a gorgeous job on your tree!! :) You did the bling very proud!! All of these projects are just darling!! Such a cute set of tins too!! Thanks so much for playing with at Saturday Spotlight AND Stamp Something!! HUGS

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wowzer Patti!! You are making me tired looking at all of them!! What awesome creations!! Love your sparkly and blinged tree for the Saturday Spotlight too!! The tin with those sweet Halloween cards... Your snowman....Gorgeous girl!

I will pray for this young women with 7 kids. Stage 4 does not sound so good. Miracles can happen though, right?
blessings,
Chris

Jessica G. said...

Awesome job decorating your tree -- the embellishments add wonderful dimension! Thanks for playing in this week's Saturday Spotlight challenge; hope to see you next week, too!

Roberta said...

Love your cards! The snowmen ones are my favs! Thanks for sharing.

Chelsea said...

Love the card sets!

Nilla said...

Yes Life is good! Coming back from a weeks holiday and being served your beautiful work at one go!! Lucky me!! Hugs Nilla

Nikki Schmaltz said...

Wow Patti! I am so sorry for your friend. I agree that anyone with 7 children is a saint. I will say huge prayers that the fundraiser goes well and for the health of this amazing woman. I think that your creations are so lovely. I'm sure they will be snatched up. Congrats on winning the challenge. I will be emailing you privately to get your address.

Glittered Paws said...

OMG - everything is so cute - love both the Halloween notes and the darling christmas/snow cards. I am sure whoever bids on this will be pleased. Love the tims and also the folder!!!

Lynne in NI said...

Oh Pat, these are gorgeous! I love them all! How thoughtful of you to make them for the auction.
:o)

Anonymous said...

I am not surprised about you helping this young woman, you are such an angel!
I just love your card with the tree, it's gorgeous and i love all the little cards with the hello on it.
You've done some lovely projects.
A littel prayer for your friend, as you know i am not religious but i pray my way.
Hugs xx
Pat

Anonymous said...

Sorry, it's dark here, my light has gone off so i cant see the keyboard so i mispelled a word: *Little* but i am sure you noticed.
Hugs xx
Pat

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

That very blingy tree is fabulous! Love all of the cards...great work! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something!

Janna :)

Amy Johnson said...

What wonderful cards for such a worthy cause. Stage 4 cancer, 7 children, and no medical insurance. I can't even imagine going through something like that. I hope the auction is a huge success to help this poor family out.

Brenda said...

Fabulous cards Patti, I may just case the Christmas tree, thank you for the inspiration. Your friend will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Cat said...

What a wonderful friend you are, Patti! These cards are just amazing! I'm sure whoever wins them at the auction will just love them! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

I like your Halloween Notecards. And the snowmen cards are fantastic. Love the coloring. rita w