Monday, October 19, 2009

Monday, Monday...

So, we survived another Monday! Wonder why Monday's are so hard? Monday's are even yukky for retiree's! I had a gloomy day today...stayed in ALL day. Did a craft festival with DD on Saturday from 10-4, and it was and outdoor festival. It got into the 50's, and was a beautiful day, but the sun was high overhead all day, and this poor fair skinned girl got blistered. My neck, nose, chin, cheeks, and eyebrows look ridiculous! Lol.... So, today, I didn't budge. I moisturized all day long, and still feel fiery!


I took time to make one card, but couldn't stand to sit under my halogen lights any more than that!
I've never taken part in a challenge at Card Patterns, and decided this was 'the' week! Below is their Sketch #37. I'm such a rebel - I nearly always turn sketches all kattywampus! This was turned on it's side!



The challenge at There's Magic in the Air, was to use Nina's beautiful free digi image (shown on card below), with a slight twist! DT member, Curt, challenged us to pop up some or all of our image! So, dear Curt...I did!!! I printed the image twice, colored twice, and cut out the geese, all of the fence, the large and small pumpkins. All of these, in addition to the computer generated sentiment, were popped up! It's pretty cool the way popping them up creates shadows!

Other challenges met with this card were:
Created by Hand (Harvest Time),
All coloring was done with Kooh-I-Noor colored pencils and low odor mineral spirits.
I really enjoy Nina's images! She posts a free image every Monday that stays up for a week. Run over and check it out!
Well, hope to be back on my feet tomorrow with some more cards to show... have a great night!
Patti J.
Did you know...Coca Cola was originally green!

15 comments:

Nina said...

Patti, this is just awesome and what a wonderful sketch to incorporate this image with! Well, you were certainly popping all over!! Doesn't seem like you were to pooped to be popped! LOL It is just so lovely and doesn't popping things just make it soo cool. Just a wonderful fall card! So sorry to hear about mr sunshine blistering you, how miserable of a monday is that? So sending you some cheer for healing and staying moist! :O) Thanks for playing along this week with our challenge over at TMITA!

Beate said...

Hi Patti, I hope you recover from your sunburn fast.
Gorgeous card. Great coloring.
Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

GREAT way to put the sketch and image together (Nina is so creative)--great idea--and very nice colors on the card!

Hugs,
Kristal of Digi Kitty
www.thedigikitty.blogspot.com
Come Join our Challenge

Yogi said...

very nice, nice sketch too

Nikki Schmaltz said...

I love it turned on it's side. I'm so sorry your got sizzled. I know how that feels. The sun is not my friend either:( Hope you get feeling better today.

Crystal said...

Patti this is soooo fantastic...love all these fun images...beautiful work and love your take on the sketch!! Hugs!

Barb said...

This is great, Patti! Love all of the dimension, and turning the sketch was the perfect touch :)

btw... I LOVED your comment about my invisible card ;)

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

Love the card! Would LOVE to see a scrapped page for Scrap and Stamp ~ we like to read all about everyone and see their wonderful photos and memories!!

whoistracy said...

This is beautiful! I love how you used the half-oval as your background for the scene. Love the fall feel to this.

Brenda said...

Very beautiful Patti!! It was worth all the cutting as it gives your card such dimension. Take care of your skin.
Hugs
Brenda

Nilla said...

What a great sketch for this adorable image! Love your coloring and the whole card is amazing! Thanks for joining us this week at TMITA! Hugs Nilla

Cheryl KVD said...

great card!

Cat said...

Beautiful image, Patti! I love how it pops off the card! Hope you are recovered from your sunburn. (Sun doesn't like me either.)

Pamela said...

Awesome card!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Poor girl! I can just imagine how miserable you were! But it didn't affect your mojo... this card is perfection!

Love ya!
Lisa