Sunday, October 4, 2009

Magic...

Above is my card for this week's challenge at There's Magic in the Air. This is another cute sketch by Nina. When I first saw the sketch, I said to myself, "Self, this is a tough one". I thought about every combination of colors, and no matter what I chose, it still seemed lovey-dovey to me, so pink won!
I printed the FREE digi image off (Nina puts a free image up for the challenge every single Monday) and colored it with my colored pencils and mineral spirits. Then I highlighted the pink areas with Sakura's pink glitter pen. I used a scalloped nestie circle, punched around the image, and sponged with pink chalk ink while it was still in the die. I also drew around the inner edge of each die with the glitter pen before popping the image out!
Hope you like it! Have a great Monday!
Patti J.
~Only in America do we buy hot dog buns in packages of 10, and hot dogs in packages of 8!

13 comments:

Nina said...

Wow Patti, you just made the deadline! :O) I am glad too! What a lovely card and I love all the layers to this! Yeah, I know it really is a lovey dovey kind of image! And what a lovely dovely job you did with it. It is just wonderful!! Thanks for playing a long this week over at TMITA!

Danni said...

Wonderful card!

Georgia said...

Patti, This is a beautiful card. I think my "Inner Self" payed you a visit. I was wondering why I hadn't heard from her lately. Please send her back because I really do need her.

Nilla said...

So beautiful card, Patti! Love the scalloped circles around this cute image! Thanks for joining us this at TMITA! Hugs Nilla

Nikki Schmaltz said...

This is a adorable. I love the colors and how you layered and sponged with your nesties.

Anna said...

Very pretty, Patti. Sorry to hear about the biospy. Crossing fingers everything is okay! Keep you and your husband in my thoughts!

Barb said...

This is so cute, Patti! LOVE the colors and the subtle edging!

Crystal said...

WOW PAtti what beautiful colors!! I LOVE your use of these nesties!!! The layers look fantastic, another great card!! Hugs!

Chelsea said...

love your card ... great coloring and love all of your details.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Patti!! I just love the pink!! Great layering and design!! Love the scalloped circles framing the image!

Anonymous said...

This is a gorgeous card! Love the scalloped circles and the colours.
Take care xx
Pat

Cat said...

Gorgeous card, Patti! You did a great job! I love the layers of color you used!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I love the pink! I love the layering of the Nesties. Nice!

I was just thinking about the bun/hot dog issue the other day... didn't I say I needed to get a life!

Love ya,
Lisa