Wednesday, July 15, 2015

It's Photo Inspiration Challenge time at 'The House'

It's Wednesday, and time for a new challenge at The House that Stamps Built!
Today's challenge is an inspirational photo. This month, we got to choose from 2 inspiration photos.  I love the colors and the shine on both of these pics,
don't you???

Here are the inspiration photos:

 

Photo inspirations areSTILL the toughest challenges for me.
But...I'm learning to step outside my comfort zone!



The fireworks and flag were both inked up by daubing ink directly to the stamp, using a small finger dauber. 
The fireworks were then stamped again with Versamark ink, and embossed with a fine silver embossing powder. 
The image was shadow inked, by inking first with red, and then moving the stamp a bit, and stamping again in blue. 
The 'flag' is popped up with foam dots.

Ta da!

It's been a busy month for us, so this is a pretty clean and simple card.
Hope you like it!

Now, come on over and join us in our Photo Inspiration Challenge!  
Remember, you don't HAVE to use Repeat Impressions Stamps
but if you do, you have double the chance of winning!

Check out my sidebar to see how you can save money on your RI orders!

Now, it's time to see what my DT friends have created!

Cheri    Deonna    Joy     Karen    Kathy    Melissa     Heather

Happy Hopping!
Hope you link up your card this week!

Hugs,
Patti J.

13 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous! LOVING those fireworks!!!!!!

Stef H said...

i love the nails... and i love your double stamping on the bottom sentiment! gorgeous card!

hugs :)

Donna said...

Nice card Patti, like how you did the fireworks!

Lori Kobular said...

Love your red, white and blue card!!

*Vicki* said...

Wow!! The sparkly fire-works look pretty cool!! I really love that flag sentiment stamp too!! Such a unique image!! Wonderful patriotic design Patti!! Thanks for sharing! HUGS :)

Glittered Paws said...

Love this sparkle card - the fireworks are awesome. Love how you did them.

Monika Reeck said...

really coool American Card Patti
I am not making so much card with theme America
if I am join maybe I will chose lady Image and the color I took from that photo inspiration
really inspiring card Patti
hugs, Monika

Beth Norman said...

What a neat way to ink up your stamps with a finger dauber. Rock on. Love this patriotic card.

Cheryl W said...

I never would have thought to use finger daubers to ink stamps. Thanks for the tip! Great card today. Love the way you added the heat-embossed sparkle to the fireworks.

joy said...

Great card! I love how you did "Heres to you America" !

Heather said...

Photo challenges are tough, but when you really look at them, you can be inspired by anything !! This card is fabulous. I really love the fireworks.

Lynne in NI said...

I struggle with photo inspiration too but you did a great job here Patti ... LOVE your sparkly fireworks :)

Taunya Butler said...

Love your Patriotic and very awesome card!! Hope you are well - sorry to be behind again but I am going to hurry and catch up!!! Hugs!!