Saturday, July 18, 2015

Life's Better...

Happy Saturday!

Today, I'm sharing a card made with some really fun, new stamps,

For this card, I used:


Oh my goodness, that Sparky is so cute!  He's been popping up in so many Great Impressions creations, that I thought he needed a little R and R at the beach!

He was stamped on some white cardstock. I masked him, and overstamped with the sand, two or three times, until I got a great little sand pile.  Then, I colored the background water and sky with some copics.  The mask came off, and Sparky was colored with Copic markers.  I used some dies to give him a fun frame.

The best embellishment ever were the wee sunglasses!  My friend, Shirley, gave me a few of these many years ago, and while looking for googly eyes, I found them.  Looks a bit like Mr. Hollywood, right?  SO glad that I didn't have any googly eyes!

I'll be back next week with another project featuring some amazing stamps from Great Impressions

I hope you will check out our current Great Impressions Challenge, and if you use some Great Impressions stamps make sure you link them up in our Customer Gallery!

Thanks for stopping by,
Patti J.

24 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooooo cute! LOVING that doggy and the glasses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Donna said...

Adorable scene, and love those sunglasses, have a great weekend!

Edwina said...

Hi Patti, I am already a follower of your blog. I love your cute cards. This doggie one is fabulous. I love his sunglasses. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

Diane said...

What a cute card! Love that dog with the sunglasses! Great job coloring. I wish I was at the beach right now.

Kathy Krug said...

Love your beach card. He is so darn cute in the sparkly sunglasses.

Lena said...

Oh how cute is he styling those fabulous sunglasses?! Too, too cute!!! :-) Love your card, Patti! I totally agree with him (and you) Life is definately better at the beach. Can we all retire there some day soon? :-)

lisa808 said...

OMGosh--too cute!!! Love the sunglasses on that cutie. Fab card.

Pam Sparks said...

Darling Patti! Made me smile and chuckle cuz I prefer home and AC! lol Boring. But I can appreciate cute and this is is so super cute!

Patricia St Martin said...

Patti, Just adorable! Love the glasses and the beach scene is wonderful and such a cute puppy Love your card.
Hugs, Pat♥

Sue from Oregon said...

This is a real cutie Patti!

Cheryl W said...

Those sun glasses are so funny on that little pup! Wonderful card - would make anyone smile and feel better about their day.

Millan said...

Hi!Thanks for your kind words on my blog! I am already following your blog.
Love this cute card, the sunglasses on the dog is perfect for this card!

Lynne in NI said...

OMG I want a pair of those fabulous sunglasses for myself! ;)
Cool card Patti!

Melissa said...

The sparkly sunglasses are almost as cute as Small Shaw's polka-dotted ones!

Beth Norman said...

Your cards always put a smile on my face. This doggy is so cute. You did a great job stamping out the sand image to create a sand pile.

Glittered Paws said...

Oh how cute this this little dog - and he looks perfect on the beach especially with his sparkle sunglasses. Great job.

Verna Angerhofer said...

So cute and love those sunglasses.

Penny said...

So darling and those sunglasses are the perfect finishing touch! :^)
Hugs, Penny

*Vicki* said...

LOL!! That dog with the sparkly shades is just too FUN!! Love your fun beach themed design and a great sentiment too!! :) HUGS

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, how sweet and super cute! Love the scene Patti. The coloring is amazing... and the sparkly glasses are to die for! :)

Mynn xx said...

Patti, this is TOO CUTE! I adore those fabulous glittery sunglasses--where did you find those?! Fabulously created scene, friend! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Gail said...

Ha, love it!
Especially the glasses!

Laurian said...

What an adorable card Patti it really is too cute! I am trying so hard to find time to visit everyones blog and I have loved visiting yours with your beautiful creations!

Hugz

Laurian

Taunya Butler said...

Such a true statement and such a loveltyplace - the beach!!! Your card is so cute as can be and you are wonderful!!!