Monday, October 22, 2012

Fall fun....

Hello, and Happy Monday!
I have a bit of 'fall fun' to share with you today.


First up is a card that I made for a challenge at The Outlawz.  
The CAS Challenge this week is to use limited fall colors.  
We were to choose 3 colors to use, from Red, Brown, Yellow, Green, and Orange.

Hero Arts: #K5574 Big Eyes, Amuse Ink: French Roast, Kaliedacolor Ink: used only orange, sorta blended the brown and orange for the leaves.

I used Brown, Orange, and Yellow for my card.
I sponged on the yellow, orange, and finally brown inks, directly onto the stamp, then turned the stamp over and stamped directly onto patterned paper from last year's DCWV Autumn Mat Stack Pad.
Using a Spellbinder's die, I cut out and embossed the owl, adhered it to my card front, and used a brown Sharpie marker to 'stitch' around the edges.

Looking at this on the screen, I think I will 'stitch' around this too - looks a bit bare :)

For the inside, I used the piece of DP that the owl was cut from, and just put some white CS behind it.

Now, onto project(s) two through thirty!


A couple of years ago, I had seen a Frankenstien like this on-line someplace.  I don't know if it was someone's blog, SCS, or in a magazine, but I sketched out the basics and stuck it in my notebook. So, I sincerely apologize for not being able to give rightful credit!  If you are the original creator of this cutie patootie, let me know, and I will edit this post immediately!


Anyway, I created thirty of these to send to my DD's workplace. Hopefully, they will brighten up the office for a day or two.  What's fun is that their office is so cool - their color is this bright green!  So Frankie will fit in just perfectly.



Hope your week is a good one! It's a beautiful, fall day, here in Missouri!
Thanks for stopping by,
Patti J.

17 comments:

KellyRae said...

LOVE the idea of stamping your multi-colored owl onto patterned paper. It looks awesome. And how fun you used your negative diecut inside. The brown Sharpie stitching would look great inside too. And your Frankencutie bags are just that - TOTALLY cute!

Unknown said...

Oh Patti, I love your card, you know me and owls :) This is gorgeous.
Love your bags as well, very cute Frankenstein!
Hope you are having a great day.
Hugs xx

Anonymous said...

Oh wow Patti, these are such FUN little treat containers!! I really love Frankie!! :) It's been a while since I've made him!! SO FUN!! HUGS

The Other Patti Sue said...

Super cute Frank~ boxes! Love your card too!

Lynne in NI said...

Wow, you've been busy!! Gorgeous owl card, and those treat bags are such fun... bet everyone in DDs office LOVES you!

Glittered Paws said...

I may have to have that owl visit sometime, you know I love owls. And the Frankenstein bags are so cute especially IRL, I know Melissa's office is going to love them.

Cheri said...

OMGosh!!! I need to CASE that Frankenstein!!! I love him!!! Wait....I MARRIED him - LOL - No really, it's an awesome project. Wish I could take credit for it. Your work with the owl is fabulous...I love to see ways to use dp and getting the most out of your supplies. Love it.

Joan Ervin said...

Your owl card is fantastic, Patti, and the Frankenstein bags are soooo cute!!!!OMG...how fun!!!!!

Carolyn King said...

Gorgeous card and I love all those fun treat bags---what a fun office surprise!

Maria Matter said...

beautiful card Patti!
and your Frankie treats are too cute!
Hope all is well with you & yours! I'm so enjoying this fall season!!
hugs & blessings

Melisa Waldorf said...

Hello my friend. Hope you are doing well. Sorry I haven't emailed in a while. Will have to do so soon and catch up. I love that you stamped the owl on pp. Looks great! and the treat container is FABulous!! You are so sweet to do that for DH!

Lorie said...

Oh, Patti...this post is so fun! Your owl card is adorable and I love those frankies! :)

Sue said...

Patti, the owl stamped on the DP is so cute. And those Frankie's, Melissa is going to be one popular gal passing these fun treat bags out!! So darn cute, your such a great Mom!!

Hugs
Sue

Julia Aston said...

What a sweet fall owl card Patti! love the colors and die cut framing - and your Frank box is so fun!

Anneke said...

cute creations and design.
greetings from ann

MilliGFunk said...

DD's workplace thought your Frankenstein's were so cute! Lots of compliments and lots of thank you's coming to you from Colorado this morning!! Love you, MommaG. :-)

AmethystCat said...

hee hee - super cute treat holder! I bet your DD's office mates loved the treats! that's awesome!