Monday, October 29, 2012

Black Cat

Hope you have all had a wonderful weekend!


I'm here today to share the Repeat Impressions Stamp of the Week, 'Black Cat'.

You know how I love to mask, and to create scary skies, so this one was fun to make!

Repeat Impressions #2322-G Black Cat, Repeat Impressions #2308-E Bats, Repeat Impressions #1139-W Halloween, Memory Box "Blackbird" DP, Memory Box Die "Madison Window Small", Kraft Cardstock, Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Broken China, Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky, Dusty Concord, Memento Tuxedo Black Dye Ink, Adhesive, Dimensional Squares.
 
The Black Cat image was stamped on white cardstock, and fussy cut.  I die cut a window, using the Memory Box Madison Window Small. Once I had it cut, I sponged it to look aged and eerie.  I trimmed a scrap of cardstock to fit behind the window, masked off a moon, and began sponging until I got the right shade of eeriness.  Stamped the bats, and put the panel and window together.  Adhered it to a scrap of DP, and popped the black cat up in front with dimensional squares.  Voila - pretty quick!

Now, I know my fellow Rockstars have some very fabulous Black Cat projects to share!
Check them out - you will love them!

Cheri     Geri     Karen

Thanks for stopping by today!

Blessings,
Patti J.

24 comments:

Amanda Mertz said...

Love the fun, spooky DSP! Great idea to layer the cat in front of the window! TFS!

Julia Aston said...

Great design on this spooky Hallowedn card Pati! love the paper, that great cat and the flying bats!

LeAnne said...

I just LOVE this! SO fun!

Carolyn King said...

look at your awesome fussy cutting. love this spooktacular design!

Beate said...

Beautiful spooky window and card!
Hugs and smiles

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Don't you just love that paper pack? It was such a Halloween favorite! Quite and adorable card!

Janice said...

Love the scene! I need to try masking (do you have tutorial?)

Dawnll said...

You know I love black cats even a scared one! Adorable and fun design sweetie

Lorie said...

I love the scene and that cat is SO fun!

KellyRae said...

Ohhhh, nice and spooky! Aren't the window dies fabulous to help create a scene? Haven't used the MB patterned paper...yet (you are such an enabler)!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a perfect Halloween card Patti. That cat image looks great with the window and the silhouette image. Great colors!

Stef H said...

fabulous! love that window die too!

hugs :)

Glittered Paws said...

.Absolutely Spooky - love how you created the scene and the black cat is too cute. Great card.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Super fun card... love that black cat!

Danni said...

What a fun card!! Great use of the window die!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Superb design, Patti. Love your Halloween window scene coupled with the cat and perfect choice of background paper.

Cheri said...

OMGosh, GF....you ROCKED this image challenge. You even had me scared....I remember poking around old closed homes when I was a kid and the windows looked just like this....deja creepy all over again. Placing those bats in the window...well..I think you took scare a little too close to scream. Fabulous way to showcase Mr. Silly. :>)

Cheri said...

OMGosh, GF....you ROCKED this image challenge. You even had me scared....I remember poking around old closed homes when I was a kid and the windows looked just like this....deja creepy all over again. Placing those bats in the window...well..I think you took scare a little too close to scream. Fabulous way to showcase Mr. Silly. :>)

Anonymous said...

What a really fun Halloween scene here Patti!! LOVE the colors!! :)

Craftyhugs said...

This is just fabulous Hun!! I love the cat and how you've created that fantastic scene! It's spooky too lol. Looks like my cat when she passes a dog lol. Great work! Hugs xx

A Consuming Passion said...

Great Halloween card Patti! I'm in awe of your fussy cutting too!

redwasher1 said...

Patti, your card is so fabulous! Love the window and what perfect background!!

Netty said...

Love this great Halloween card Patti, xx

AmethystCat said...

what a wonderful card!!! love it!! that cat is perfect on the card - perfect halloween scene, Patti J!