Thursday, June 11, 2015

Fun with Die-Versions!

Die-Versions has another great new release, and I had a great time
creating with one of the new dies.

for my card.

Here's what I created:


To begin, I die cut the lamp from a piece of patterned paper. I put some adhesive on the back side, die cut the lamp again in black, and inlaid the pieces into the opening on the patterned paper. I cut one more time, using some yellow patterned paper, and filled in the light itself. To finish, I stamped a sentiment, matted the layers together, and Voila!

Note that this lamp post is a great size for your A2 cards! Some that I've seen are pretty short, but this one would make such a nice backdrop for other dies or images. Can't wait to use it again!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Hope you will become a follower of the Die-Versions blog,
and do a bit of shopping at the Die-Versions store - they have some wonderful new releases!

Thanks for stopping by!
Patti J.

Other supplies used:
Gina K. Designs Stamps (retired)
Heartfelt Creations Paper Pad
Patterned paper from my scrap pile
Tombow Permanent Adhesive Runner
Bazzill Black Card Stock
Perfect Paper Crafting Perfect Layers Rulers and Cutting Mat
(see my sidebar to find out how you can save money on your
Perfect Paper Crafting orders!)

12 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous! LOVING that lamppost!!!!!!!

Lori Kobular said...

Adorable card, love that sentiment paired with the Light post!

*Vicki* said...

That is an awesome die!! Love how you've used the decorative papers for the yellow inside part of the lantern! Perfect sentiment to go with it too! :)

Taunya Butler said...

The sentiment is so perfect to use with this die - what a smart and spiffy card you have created and that lamppost die is fantastic!! You are so clever the way you put this together - adore that background paper!!! Hugs to you!!!

Lisa Palmer said...

This is so sweet! Great job!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Awesome and a great sentiment to go with the lamp post.

Cheryl W said...

I really love the inlay look. Your card is beautiful! This lamp post would be perfect for Christmas cards, too.

Monika Reeck said...

So sweet lamp DIEs you used on your card..great CAS card Patti..how are you..long time no see at my blog..hope you are healthy..hugs.Monika

Laurie Unger said...

I have two dies of this nature from memory box that I just love. Great sentiment and works perfectly with this die!

Beth Norman said...

I thought that looked like an in lay. Haven't tried it before, but it's beautiful. Love the sentiment to go with the lamp post. You rock.

Lynne in NI said...

What a fab die, great idea to add the coloured paper to the light :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very elegant Patti. Love the yellow and gray papers with the silhouette image.