Saturday, December 18, 2010

Soup, anyone?

Hello out there!
It's very quiet in blogland today - hope that means you are all finishing up some shopping, baking, wrapping, etc.!
I'm getting closer (thank heavens for on-line shopping!)...

I had an order this week for something very quick for some staff mailboxes.
Of course, being iced in, I didn't have 30 matching anythings to hold items.
After a bit of thought, here is what I came up with!
The ingredients.....
30 somewhat matched packages of Snowman Soup...
The front...


The back...








Using envelopes, I sealed them, cut off one end with a scallopped cutter blade, and used up a LOT of Christmas scraps!
The cute little snowman is by Stampendous, and I reach for him a lot!
Coloring is with Tombows and a glitter pen.
The little 'stir sticks' came from our Aldi store.
The rest is computer generated!
I can't remember where I got either saying.
The one ON the inside came from someplace on SCS, I believe.
If it is your design, let me know, and I will certainly give you the credit
and the thanks for a great idea!!!



All righty, thanks for stopping by! I'm off to bake some cookies!


Hugs and smiles - Patti J.

12 comments:

Danni said...

It is quiet out here, isn't it?? You've been busy! Great projects!!

Iris said...

Oooo! Yummy! Great idea! Love the color combos you made! Bet those cookies will be delicious!

Maria Matter said...

oh I LOVE this idea Patti! how fun and perfect!
TFS Sweetie!
hugs & blessings

Dawnll said...

I always enjoy any version of snowman soup!
Your Snowman is adorable- these turned out great.
Wanted to thank you for my card- it is beautiful.
Thank you so much for the kind and encouraging words...it made me cry, so sweet of you to think of us during the holidays.
Love ya sweetie

Rufus said...

Very creative of you! They're going to be a hit.
R/

CraftinGranny said...

Oh Patti J, these are just the sweetest "soup" bags. I love what you've done with them. Great inspiration my friend. "Hugs" Carol

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I love your creation.
Hugs xx
Pat

Chelsea said...

cute cute cute ... very creative ... I am sure that they will love them!

Glittered Paws said...

Very nice - talk about making a purse out of a sows ear - (or do you remember that analogy) this is perfect. I too love the snowman - he didn't get to visit my house this year.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Your so creative! These are just adorable!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Have made "soup" quite a few times when I was in a pinch and it is always loved. These came out adorable!

Curt in Indy said...

These are amazing! WOW, I've never made 30 of anything! After making these, I don't think I could even look at any more snowman soup! LOL You did an awesome job on these. Great work! Best, Curt