Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I Miss You...

I have a 'repeat' card for you today. This was for a challenge a while back that called for a photo to be used. I used a photo that our dear daughter took while looking up at the Gateway Arch, in St. Louis, Mo., one cloudy day. It seemed perfect for the "I miss you" sentiment.


DD, Melissa, is a wonderful photographer. In my humble opinion, she can take a photo of the head of a pin, and make it look like art. I thought this photo only fitting for today's post.


December 8, 1999, was one of the roughest days that I can ever remember. After a very terrible and lengthy battle with cancer, my sister and I lost our dear mother, and our children lost a very special grandmother. I think that we all knew on Thanksgiving that year, that our time with her was very limited, and I also think that was when our prayers began to change. I think, as with any horrible illness, one's prayers change from hoping this treatment, or that treatment will work to add quality and quantity of life, to knowing that they won't, and praying that your loved one's suffering will soon end, and they will be called home. In our case, our latter prayers were answered at 8:30 a.m., on this day 11 years ago. We miss you, mom!
I am not posting this story to bring anyone down today, but to share with you all something that I received in the mail at Christmas in 1999. Although it brought a tear or two, it was such a bright spot in my day that I wanted to share it with you. Perhaps it will help one of you that may be going through a tough time this Christmas.
I'm Spending Christmas with Jesus This Year
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I see the countless Christmas trees around the world below,
with tiny lights, like Heaven's stars reflecting on the snow.
The sight is so spectacular, please wipe away your tear.
For I am spending Christmas, with Jesus Christ this year.
I hear the many Christmas songs that people hold so dear,
but the sounds of music can't compare with the Christmas choir here.
I have no words to tell you, the joy those voices bring,
for it is beyond description, to hear an angel sing.
I know how much you miss me, I see the pain inside your heart,
but I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year, not apart.
I can't tell you of the splendor, or the peace here in this place.
Can you just imagine Christmas with our Savior, face to face?
I'll ask Him to light your spirit as I tell Him of your love,
so pray one for another, as you lift your eyes up above.
So please let your hearts be joyful, and let your spirits sing,
for I'm spending Christmas in Heaven, and I'm walking with the King.
~Author Unknown
I hope your day is delightful! It's still very cold here, but thankfully, no snow or ice yet!
Hugs and blessings to all...Patti J.

15 comments:

Netty said...

The verse is so beautiful Patti and gives you something to cling onto when losing loved ones, especially this time of the year which can be very emotional. Annette x

pam said...

Wow, sister, this made me teary eyed but with tears of joy instead of sadness. I always think of momma rejoicing in heaven with all our loved ones that have gone on to a better place. I hope to share this with some friends who are hurting this Christmas season after losing loved ones - perhaps it will brighten their day also! I don't tell you often enough, but I am so grateful that I have a wonderful sister like you. I love you.

craftieodmae said...

beautiful poem

Lucy Abrams said...

Oh, what a sad day for you.
And what a beautiful photo.
Thinking of you.
x

Stef H said...

wow! gorgeous photo and absolutely fabulous card!

hugs :)

Tiffany Collins said...

Wow, aunt pat this was such a wonderful thing to share with everyone, it brought joy and light to my spirit. Thank you for keeping grandmas memory alive, she is very much alive in our hearts as she dances and praises with our father in heaven and as mom said, our other loved ones that have passed 0n as well. I know she is proud of us and smiles as she sees we still love and keep her memory alive!! I as well don't tell you enough, that you are a very special aunt and i love you dearly....Tlc

Yvonne Russell said...

Thinking of you. Your daugter's photo is so serene and fitting.

Crystal said...

Patti this is soooo gorgeous, wow sweetie...big hugs!

Glittered Paws said...

Beautiful and I can see why you had goose bumps this afternoon when we were talking. I too have this photo - got it at St. Joe last year from Melissa

Chelsea said...

it's a great card ... it's always good to post the special ones again and again ... hugs!

Iris said...

Love the photo! I wish I could take that good of a photo! I'm still learning! Still love it!

Kim said...

Breath taking photo... and a Beautiful card!

I lost my dear mother inlaw on Christmas day several years ago and my Mother to cancer in Jan. 2006

Thank you for sharing this uplifting poem..

Big Hugs!!!

Grace said...

Hi Patti! This is just beautiful! Thanks for sharing it with us! I have copied it for future use as I know several who would be touched by it! Thinking of you and sending hugs!
Grace

Amy Johnson said...

Such a beautiful photograph and card! Yes, your daughter is quite the photographer! And thanks for sharing the lovely poem too!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Fantastic photo and poem! TFS!