Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Just a little something...

Check out the new poll on the sidebar!


Good morning! My post today is for no challenge...imagine that!


I was just playing with vellum the other day, and decided to try out a Sweet Stamps image that I'd purchased at the stamp show in Collinsville in April, and never inked up! Next April, I am going to be much more disciplined about what comes home with me...lol!!!




There is a little battery operated candle inside a glass votive tucked inside this vellum wrap. After working with the second photo, I realized two things. I should have used a lighter colored background, and I should have used a taller votive holder, as you can see the line perfectly at the top of the holder! Oh well, it was an experiment, and it was fun, and it looks a lot prettier in real life!


Next, I show you "The Boss". Really. She is! She is spoiled so much more than our kids ever hoped to be! We bought her a bed, and we are really trying to teach her to lay in it, but she prefers the couch and chair! So... our nice, soft, comfy family room is always covered in towels, throws, etc. Anyway, the "Boss" is shown here with her favorite 'used to be stuffed' animal.

All righty, dear friends!
I am off on an adventure.
I must go to the post office and get some things in the mail, and then.....
TA DA!!!!
I am going to BEGIN Christmas shopping!
Oh dear.
I haven't even left yet, and I am already looking forward to that hot cocoa when I get home!
Have a great day!
Patti J.

19 comments:

Becky said...

This is gorgeous Patti.. And beautiful Christmas Tree.

AmethystCat said...

how pretty and what a neat idea! love your tree and puppy! Have fun shopping!

Netty said...

Beautiful light, the nativity to me is what Christmas is all about. The tree looks terrific and so does your beautiful dog. Enjoy your evening. Annette x

Glittered Paws said...

Love the votie light - beautiful - and of course you know how much we love Flake - she is 3rd on our list Bella, Stella and Flake. Our girls are just too big to get on the furniture!!!

Stef H said...

absolutely beautiful! you still have stuff from collinsville you haven't used??? wow! i thought i hoarded - lol!

you made me lol on waiting til AFTER my haircut to give it to my hairdresser. very funny. i may just do that too! lol

hugs :)

A Consuming Passion said...

Beautiful Patti!
Wish we could find such things here in Aus!!!
Good luck with the shopping!

Nicki Olsen said...

I love the card!I love the colors,coloring,and that image is gorgeous!Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
Hugs and Blessings,
Nicki

redwasher1 said...

WOW Patti!! That is a awesome light!! Your tree and the boss look fabulous!!

Vicki said...

Hello Patti! What a beautiful creation! So stunning! And the "BOSS" is adorable! I miss our pet this year...we lost our cat of about 15 years this year...he was always hanging around the tree...getting into trouble! Not this year...I am not done with my shopping either...close but not quite!

HUGS!
Vicki

Anonymous said...

Hey that's funny>..you mention hot cocoa as I was sipping mine here!


We are one!

have a great time running errands...and shopping!


ciao bella!

Creative CArmelinA

craftieodmae said...

I love this!!!! It's over the moon, your tree is gorgeous too!

Anonymous said...

Wow fabulous candle holder! Cute little dog and beautiful christmas tree.
I hope you had a great time shopping.
Hugs xx
Pat

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

You have fun with that shopping now, ya hear! Love the card, but the pup is a sweetie!

Yvonne Russell said...

What a fab project. I love this idea. Thanks for sharing it.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is stunning Patti!! I just love how the light shows through the image and your embossing. Gorgeous my friend. Have a good time shopping. I hope to do the same at some point today!
hugs,
Chris

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is beautiful, Patti. Although I don't know how you have hung onto something from last April...what discipline you have! =)

Your tree is lovely...makes me want to snuggle up on the couch with some hot chocolate too!

Curt in Indy said...

That image is perfect for this! I love the votive wrap. I would have never really even noticed the votive line had you not pointed it out. Your tree is so pretty!!! And that little "boss" is adorable. Love that she shuns the bed in preference to the couch and chair! The boys are the same way. Jay says (in reference to our living room furniture which they prefer) "I've never spent so much on dog furniture before!" LOL

Amanda Mertz said...

GORGEOUS!!! It is so beautiful with the glowing candle. Great project. TFS!

Lynne in NI said...

Oh I love your pretty voltive Patti, I haven't tried one of those before.
Your Christmas deccies are GORGEOUS, though my pooch Ruby would tell you to give up on the dog bed as the sofa is sooooo much more comfier!