Saturday, December 11, 2010

Green, Red, and White Delight!

Good morning, and happy Saturday!



As it is Saturday, it's time for another Saturday challenge at Shannon's Sentiments!





The challenge this week is to use the colors red, green, and white...that's it! Now, I know that you are all playing with these colors quite regularly these days, so hop on over to this weeks challenge, and enter one of your holiday cards! If you have any of Shannon's images, we would be delighted for you to use them. If not, just use what you have!




Here is my card. I took the liberty of borrowing Danni's sketch that we used in November at Flutter By Wednesday's. Danni, if you are reading, I didn't think you'd mind, and I just loved the sketch!




Here's my card:

The sentiment is not large enough to read, but it's so much fun! It says:

Winter is the season in which people try to keep the house as warm as it was in the summer, when they complained about the heat. ~Anonymous

How true, how true! It's funny how chilly 68-70 degrees feels in the winter, but how comfortable it feels in the summer!

Have a wonderful weekend, and let's see some red, green, and white cards! There were no entries last week, so you stand a really, REALLY good chance of winning the monthly prize!

Smiles to all,

Patti J.

13 comments:

Stef H said...

definitely a true sentiment! stunning card. the papers are awesome!!!

hugs :)

Iris said...

Love that sentiment!!! Papers are super pretty and love the cute image!

Iris

Glittered Paws said...

Awe how sweet is this and love the layout, all red,green, and white. The sentiment is perfect and very true.

CraftinGranny said...

Great card Patti J and I love the sketch you used. "Hugs" Carol

Maria Matter said...

oh Patti, I really like this! adorable image & papers yet a very elegant card! great job my friend!
hugs & blessings for a wonderful wknd!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes....well green is my favourite colour..and I am actually thinking of putting a little red in my life! I've been more of a 'pinky' for quite some time now...

that quote is hilarious..that's is what I'm always saying! why is it that we like the heat when we have cold weather..and want the cold when it's hot out!
lol

i guess we look to find balance ! right!

thanks for popping in!
ciao bella
Creative Carmelina

Sue said...

Cute sentiment, we are never happy are we!! Love the layout too, such a fun bright card!
Thanks for trying to make me feel better about being behind..........I guess it will all work out.

Hugs, Sue

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! Love the sentiment.
Have a nice week-end!
Hugs xx
Pat

Lynn Mercurio said...

BWHAHAHAHA. What a great sentiment...probably because it's true. I love your layout design which looks fantastic in your reds and greens. This card rocks!

Lynne in NI said...

ohhhh I LOVE it! Great stamp and sentiment and love your gorgeous papers too!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I just love the sketch and papers you used ot create this!

Curt in Indy said...

Love that sentiment. We are such fickle creatures aren't we? Love your card and layout. I need to use that layout too. And the mittens! I can't find a decent mitten stamp! Love that one! Best, Curt

AmethystCat said...

hee hee! great sentiment and great card!!!