Sunday, December 5, 2010

A Touch of Red...

Happy Sunday!

Welcome to another Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge! The fabulous Rebekka is our hostess this week. Rebekka has chosen this scripture for us: "Come now, and let us reason together", says the Lord. Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow, though they are red like crimson, they shall be as wool". ~Isaiah 1:18

Clear Dollar Stamps is our sponsor this week, and we thank them for their support!

Rebekka's challenge is a color challenge: white with a splash of red.

For my card, I have used an image from Clear Dollar Stamps, created by Kim Teasdale. Coloring is done with Copics and Starburst Clear Glitter Pen. I used some Glossy Accents for the dripping wax, and the candle holder base, and a Stampin' Up embossing folder for the background, embellised with a few Kaiser Craft Pearls.

So happy that you stopped by! Be sure to head over to the Stampin' Sisters in Christ blog to see what the other DT sisters have created - there are some beautiful projects to behold! Rebekka has some wonderful words to share about this weeks scripture as well!

We'd love to see your creations! Someone will win a $15 gift certificate to spend at Clear Dollar Stamps! It could be you!!!

Hugs and blessings...
Patti J.

23 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Rebekka comes up with great challenges and this is no exception! What a gorgeous way to use this candle image, Patti J.!

Glittered Paws said...

OH my this is beautiful - love the dripping wax - what a special effect it creates. And beautiful embossing folder too - I just may have to make me a couple of those next time I am over. Very pretty.

STAMPING SAM said...

Beautiful card! I love white cards with one other color and this is perfect with such nice detail. Hope you're having a great week-end. I'm going to try and get Christmas cards 'started' today. Probably the most simple and easy cards I will ever make!

Miesje said...

Okay - you knocked my socks off with this one! WOW! I love every aspect of this card. That is a beautiful image and the coloring is wonderful. Have a great week Patti!

Grace said...

Oh Patti I absolutely adore this card!!! LOVE how you did the dripping wax and the placement of the pearls is perfect! Love your blog bg too! Have a wonderful week my friend!!! Hope you are enjoying the blessings of this season!!!
hugs
Grace

Becky said...

This is gorgeous, love the embossing and love that image, that candle looks so real. And you sure have brightened my life.
Hugs :)

Chelsea said...

wow ... love the dripping wax!

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is perfection! Love the color contrast!

Iris said...

Love love love love love love!! I just do! Love those colors together and those pearls are a great touch!


Iris

Netty said...

Oh Patti this is the most perfect card, brilliant. Annette x

Stef H said...

oh wow patti! this is absolutely gorgeous!!! wowza girl! gor-g-us!

hugs :)

Anonymous said...

Wow beautiful card Patti! Love what you've done with the candle by adding glossy accent.
Hugs xx
Pat

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is just gorgeous Patti! I just love the white with the embossing and the candle with the glossy wax. Gorgeous my friend.
hugs,
Chris

Janeen said...

This is a very pretty card. I love the crystal effects on the melted wax.

Unknown said...

Your card is so pretty! I love how you made the wax look real....perfect!

redwasher1 said...

WOW!!! This is so gorgeous!!! Youu did a fabulous job on this!!!

Unknown said...

wow what a beautiful card like how your candle came out it look real
thank for showing

kssdesigns said...

What a great background. And don't you just love crystal lacquer! Beautiful card.

Crystal said...

Patti I just LOVE how you did your candle, its fabulous and fantastic added embossing too..What a beauty this is!

Yvonne Russell said...

The glossy accents is wonderful for the candle wax and the holder... another beautiful card.

Unknown said...

This card is simply gorgeous, all the little touches on the candle and the embossing, wow! Wishing you a wonderful week!

Kim said...

OMG... I love this! This is absolutley GORGEOUS!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Patti - this is just divine! I love that image and the 'gloss' you have added! Your embossing is perfect - very creative and totally amazing Patti! Thank you for sharing - it is always a treat to come here! {{{hugs}}}