Sunday, February 13, 2022

Slimline Candles

 Good morning!

I'm sharing some birthday cards today that I have created with new stamps, from Technique Junkies, Slimline Candles and Rock Star Birthday Sentiments.

Here are my cards:

For the first card, I smeared some watercolor markers onto my craft mat, spritzed them with water, and smooshed the card panel (big enough for the candles and sentiment) onto the wet mat.  After it dried, I stamped the candles and sentiment onto the panel, trimmed them to size, and assembled the card. It was completed by tying a small Baker's Twine bow around the sentiment panel, which was popped up on dimensional squares.



This card uses the slimline candles as well, but was trimmed to fit onto an A2 sized card. Each candle was colored with Alcohol markers, and a bit of Stickles was added to the wicks for some sparkle. The candle panel and sentiment panels were trimmed and adhered to a black card panel, matted again with a green panel, and purple panel, and finally adhered to the card base.



I hope you're all well, and I'm so glad you stopped by my blog today!

Don't forget!!! You can always save 10% on any order by entering TJ10Patti at checkout.


Be sure to head over to the Technique Junkies store and do a little crafty shopping!

Hugs and smiles,
Patti J.

6 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Love your cards. The smooshing background turned out so cool. Slimline is in. It's nice to see TJ doing SL stamps.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous cards, loving the slimline designs, hugs, Lori m

Cheryl W said...

Those are two fun ways to use that stamp! I haven't done much ink "smooshing," so I really should give it another go sometime soon. I really like the pretty pastel colors you used on the first card, so I think I'd like to try that. Thanks for the inspiration?

*Vicki* said...

Such a fun image with many candles! Really love the smooshed marker background on top, turned out so pretty! And your bottom card is bright and fun in the different colors with the sparkly flames! Great birthday cards Patti!

Glittered Paws said...

The Birthday Candles is such a great stamp for Birthday - can use for any one. Love the watercolor marker background. The second card really stands out mounted on the black. Great job with this stamp.

Donna said...

Two fabulous birthday cards Patti! I like that smooshed background and nice coloring on the second one!