Saturday, January 24, 2015

Valentine Wraps

Hi, everyone, and happy Saturday to you all!  Gotta love a weekend, right?


Today, I'm here to share another creation made with stamps from the Great Impressions store.  This week, the Great Impressions Design Team has been featuring fun ideas for making treat holders and wraps.  If you haven't seen what the other DT members created, go back to Monday, and take a look at the week of posts...
you will be SO inspired!

Here's what I created:




I had this ever-so-sweet Great Impressions Stamp, D363 Hanging Candy Hearts, and the sentiment, D364 Happy Valentines and Flowers, and just knew a wrap for candy 'conversation hearts' was in the works!  Those of you that know me, know that I love a good 'box' challenge.  Give me something odd sized, and I'll make a box for that item.

Here's how I created this box:







Once your box is completed, adhere the sides.  Then fold the first three flaps in.  Once you have the box the way you want it, fold up and adhere the fourth flap.

This box is the perfect little holder for two boxes of Sweethearts candy hearts.  If you wanted a different treat, you could fill this box with hugs and kisses, hard candies, etc. This box could also be used to tuck in a bracelet, some handmade gift tags....the possibilities are endless!  You can also experiment with different heights and widths!


Well, that's it for today!  I'll be back next Saturday, with another creation using stamps from the Great Impressions store.  I hope you hop over to join in our monthly challenge....'Snow Friends'...there's still time to enter!



Thanks for stopping by! 

26 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is soooooooo fun! LOVING the convo hearts!!!!

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow this is sooo adorable Patti!! I love the box design holding the treats!! Very clever and I appreciate you sharing your dimensions on this!! :) Happy weekend!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Super cute Patti! Love the colorful hearts. Great wrap.

Sue from Oregon said...

Love what you did with t his darling stamp!!!

Lori Kobular said...

Love those hanging candy hearts! And this is a great little treat box!!

Mynn xx said...

This is completely and totally darling, Patti! LOVE the fun tutorial, too! That image is super fabulous and I love your coloring! HUGS and happy weekend, friend! :) Mynn xx

Lisa said...

This is so awesome!! What a fun stamp!! Fabulous tutorial, too!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Stef H said...

oh how fun! i'll bet the goodies inside are fabulous too!

enjoy the weekend.

hugs :)

Beth Norman said...

Very cute project Patti. Thanks for the instructions.

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Hi, Patti! Gorgeous project! hugs, Helena

Laurie Unger said...

What a fun project. Perfect for those Valentine hearts! Thanks for the tutorial.

Taunya Butler said...

I think the stamps you used are so cute!! And I love the great photos for how to create that box - I will have to give it a try!! My son who is a 5th grader will definitely need some treats to share with his classmates!!! SO thank you for this very cute and very fun idea!!!

Lena said...

What a fun and "sweet" :-) project, Patti. Love it!!!
Hugs,
Lena
Lena’s Creations

Lea said...

Hi Patti! Thanks for following me! I've returned the favor and look forward to seeing more of your work! Thanks, again!

Bastelmami-Sandra said...

Hi Patty!
Thank you for joining my blog and following. I following your great blog too.
Have a great Weekend!
XO Sandra

Lynne in NI said...

Awww what a fab gift idea ... we call those sweets 'love hearts' over here ;)

Donna said...

This is adorable! Thanks for sharing the pattern.

Becky said...

This is so cute, love that sentiment.

Cheryl W said...

Love your cute little treat box! Who wouldn't want to receive such a sweet gift.

Amy Johnson said...

This is adorable. I need to get going on my own Valentine Day projects.

Sue said...

What a fun project, Patti, love your treat holder. Conversation hearts bring back such great memories of Valentines Day when i was a child. And there is nothing like Bright red for Valentines Day. Love it.

Hugs
Sue

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Thanks, I will make some for my co-workers! Very cute.

Pam said...

This an absolutely adorable treat holder Miss Patti!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny/blogspot.com

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a gorgeous decorated box. Awesome idea for Valentine's Day.

MaryH said...

Patti, you are a brilliant boxmaker. These scare me! (Even took a class and still don't make them!) It's a beautiful color choice, and decorated so pretty for this holiday. What a perfectly inspired use of these Great Impression stamps. I'll have to check out the store...I have some wooden stamps I've have for a while. They stamp so crisply. TFS & Hugs.

Leah said...

I love this project! The box is beautiful and is so perfect for a sweet gift.