Saturday, January 3, 2015

So Thankful for You...

Good morning!

I've been so eager to share some news with all of you!

This is my first post as a Design Team member for Great Impressions Stamps!  
I've been stamping with GI stamps for many years - they were among the first I owned!
I'll be posting a new GI post each Saturday - hope you will drop by and visit!

I've had this sweet image for a long time, and have used it often.  Yesterday, while debating on what to create, I decided to go with something 'thankful' for an after-Christmas greeting.
However, a single layer for easy mailing was also necessary, so here's what I did:


The image and sentiment were stamped where I imagined a floor and wall to be.
After stamping the image, the 'floor', 'baseboard', and 'photo frame', were drawn lightly in pencil. All coloring on the focal panel was done prior to finishing the image.  The image was stamped on blue, tan, and white, colored, fussy cut, and adhered to image - lots of paper piecing took place.

Voila!  A one-layer card was born, that has a fun dimensional look.
Give it a try sometime!

Be sure to check out the Great Impressions Blog, for daily inspiration from the GI team!
Be sure to enter our January Challenge - it will begin tomorrow!
If you create with any Great Impressions stamps, be sure to link up in the Customer Gallery!
Check out the Great Impressions Store for some wonderful crafty goodness - and did you know that shipping is free if you spend more than $25.00????

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Hugs and blessings,
Patti J.

Other supplies used:
Tombow adhesives
Perfect Papercrafting Perfect Layers Mini Rulers (see sidebar for details)
Copic markers
White and black card stock

21 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Congrats on the DT! This is adorable! I love it!!!!!

Donna said...

Saw this on Great Impressions and had to pop over to congratulate you and tell you what a fabulous card this is. Great job drawing in the floor and you know paper piecing is one of my favorites!

Cheryl W said...

Love, love, love this, Patti! Left a note for you on the Great Impressions blog, too. Congrats on this wonderful assignment - they made a very good choice! Your hand-drawn background looks so awesome, and paper-piecing is one of my favorite techniques. I don't do enough of it, so thanks for inspiring me to give it another go with your fabulous card.

Amy Johnson said...

Such a sweet card!

Glittered Paws said...

Too cute - and another congrats to a stamping bestie. Love GI stamps - have several and this one is absolutely darling, love all the detail.

Lynette said...

Congratulation, Patti! Good choice by GI:) Your card is awesome! Happy New Year!

Lori Kobular said...

Congratulations Patti!! I know you will do an awesome job on GI's Design Team! I love your Thank You card! That little girl is just so cute!

Beth Norman said...

Congratulations. So well deserved. Your work is awesome and is being recognized. Yipee. This is such a cute card. Love the scene you created. Have a Happy New Year Patti.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh Patti, this is such a cute image. Impressive design and coloring. Love the scene you created! Hope your New Year is the best yet!

Sue from Oregon said...

Oh how fun Patti! Congrats! I loved my time on the GI team too-they are the greatest people!!!

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Congrats on the DT Patti! This is such a cute card. hugs, Helena

Lisa said...

Congratulations, Patti!! What an adorable card!! The image is so sweet!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Becky said...

Congratulations Patti.. This is just adorable.

Mynn xx said...

Patti, this is absolutely BRILLIANT! I cannot believe you free handed most of this! And the coloring is phenomenal! SO excited to have you as part of our team at Great Impressions! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Lisa Lara said...

Oh so cute and awesome scene Patti. Love it. Congratulations to you too.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Very cute! Congrats and Happy New Year.

Rushd Lady said...

Congratulations! Cute card! Hope you have a wonderful New Year! =0)

Taunya Butler said...

What an absolutely adorably done card!! I am amazed at the parts you drew in - I could not do that so Kudos to you!! I think your coloring is fantastic!!! I sure enjoy you and thank you for being a dear bloggy friend!! Happy New Year - hope it is blessed with many wonderful things!!!

*Vicki* said...

Yay!! Happy clapping and dancing here for your my friend! :) I have a few of these stamps, but not very many. I used to own several, but you know how that goes! LOL! Actually, I've just used one today on my blog! It's older as I've had it for a while and I haven't bought any GI for years, so I really look forward to your postings my friend! HUGS

Lena said...

What great news, Patti! Congratulations! I love their stamps and can't wait to see all your beautiful crations. This card is so sweet. I love it!
Hugs,
Lena
Lena’s Creations

Monika Reeck said...

Patti Big CONGRATULATIONS
happy for you yeahh you go girl
GI DT member sonuds great
and this little lady is so sweettt
I start from here to commenting your creative cards Patti
I am sorry for absent much cause so busy with my two little boys
when your daughter come back again to USA
May I put some order then I can pay per paypal to you Patti?
Many thanks for your answer :)