Thursday, January 15, 2015

Designer's Choice Challenge

Hello there!

I'm here a day late with my Designer's Choice Challenge card for The House that Stamps Built.

This week, we've been challenged by our fellow Rock Star, Deonna, to create a monochromatic card, using the colors brown, black, and white.


I stamped the Repeat Impressions 2628-H Comfy Chair, on brown cardstock, with black ink, and fussy cut it.  A focal panel was cut to 3.75" x 5".  A piece of patterned paper was added to the top, for a 'wallpaper' effect.  I drew in some hardwood floor, and some wainscoating, with a pencil, and completed them with Copic markers.  A 1/4" stip of white cardstock formed the 'chair rail', and the sentiment, Repeat Impressions 410-H Simple Pleasures, was stamped at the bottom edge.  The chair was popped up with dimensional foam.  It's perfect, the way the room lighing behind the camera created the shadow behind the chair! The panel was matted with brown cardstock, and adhered to the card base.

Hope you like this quick and easy creation!

Be sure to check out my fellow Rock Stars' creations this week!

Cheri     Joy    Deonna     Karen     Melissa     Debbie     Kathy

We'd love to have you play along with Deonna's challenge!  Head over to The House that Stamps Built for all of the details.  Wendy will give away an awesome prize to a luck winner!

Check out my sidebar, to see how you can save 10% on your Repeat Impressions order!

Until next time...Happy Stamping!

Patti J.


Other supplies used:
Perfect Papercrafting Perfect Layers Mini Rulers and Cutting Mat 
(see my sidebar for details on a free cutting mat!)
Tombow Adhesive
Copic Markers
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
White and brown card stock

19 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Patti ~ I love the wallpaper, wainscoating and the chair rail you created on this gorgeous card! It really looks like I am looking into someone's living room!!

craftieodmae said...

fantastic, I love the sentiment!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous! LOVING that chair!!!!!!

Sharon Underwood said...

Patti, what an awesome scene! I love the chair, the wallpaper, the wainscoating, chair rail and floor!!! It's all so tremendous! Great job!!!

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful!! I love how you created it - I agree with Lori - it's like looking into a living room!! Love this!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Vicki Dutcher said...

Cute use of patterns!

richardbreaks said...

What a cozy room! Well done, my friend.

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a fantastic card Patti. Love the scene you made. The wall and floor look amazing! Great textures.

Dawnll said...

Such a fun design

Pat (mspfd) said...

Very cool, card!

Donna said...

Gorgeous card, great design!

Beth Norman said...

Great card. Your DP really looks like wallpaper, and I can't get over how you drew in the floor. Gosh, you're talented.

Amy Johnson said...

Fabulous! So creative!

Taunya Butler said...

Patti - your drawn additions make this card simply fantastic!! Love the way it looks and I find it to be so pleasing not at all what the mind conjures up with the combo of black, white, and brown!! YOU just did an amazing job on this card and I adore it!!! So glad I got to see this and you are fabulous - never forget it!!!

Judy1223 said...

Oooh, I'd love to sit in that room on that comfy chair with a good book! Delightful!

Stef H said...

looks very cozy. now all we need is an umbrella drink. o wait.. that's a beach scene. ok. tea will work!

hugs :)

*Vicki* said...

Really creative design here Patti! Love your home interior design on your card! :) HUGS

Becky said...

wow. What an awesome card. Wonderful design.

Cheryl W said...

I think I'd like to curl up in that easy chair! Great card!