Tuesday, July 5, 2011

What's New???

Hi Everyone! Hope that your 4th of July was wonderful. Ours certainly was. It was a day filled with family, friends, and more than an ample supply of food!


So....What's New today at Doodle Pantry? Lots! Laurie has stocked the Doodle Pantry with the July releases, and I can't wait for you to see them!


I have two cards to show you today. The first card, So Thankful, features a brand new set for fall, called Harvest Bounty. For this card, I decided to bring out my colored pencils. What a great image for coloring! I took a fine point marker and drew a 'frame' around the image, and cut it out, added a bow, and mounted the image on a piece of embossed green cardstock. Voila!




For this card, I decided to have a little fun with the new Digital Paper Pack, Primary Patterns. Using the 'Pinwheel' technique, I chose two of the fun DP's, and could not resist using one of the sentiments from the Peacock Birdie set!


Head over to the Doodle Pantry, and check out the fabulous new releases! While you are there, check out the Grab Bag section. Items in this section will be marked down 50% for a short time - from July 5th to July 19th!


Also, there is a new challenge up! DPDC14 has been posted on the Doodle Pantry Blog! The challenge theme is easy peasy: Use a Doodle Pantry image. For participating , and submitting an entry using a Doodle Pantry Image, will receive a complimentary "Peacock Birdie" image FREE!!! Also, there will be one lucky winner, chosen randomly, that will win a $10 gift certificate to the Doodle Pantry store - how cool is that???


Have a great day, and a week full of blessings!


Patti J.


Food for thought:
You can tell more about a person by what he says about others than you can by what others say about him.
- Anonymous

34 comments:

Glenda Atkins said...

Wow, two wonderful creations Patti. I have fallen madly in love with your pinwheel card. Oh my it is fabulous, I am learning so much from this team! Well done!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Gosh, these are fabulous. Adore the border you added to Harvest Bounty and the beautiful look of the out of the box cutting. Beautiful card, Patti. And your pinwheel created with the new digi paper set looks terrific!

Heide said...

Two fantastic cards! Love what you did with the digi papers.

Lorie said...

Those are both great Patti! I really like that pinwheel. How fun!

Karen Howard said...

How fun, love the pinwheel and I'm so in the mood to start playing with autumn colors. I love your fall card and will have to just jump in now, thanks for the inspiration. Hugs, Karen

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

They are both fantastic, Patti! You blow me away! There a tiny something for you, over on my blog!

Crystal said...

Patti these are WONDERFUL sweetie, I LOVE LOVE that pinwheel how darling and creative!!!! Hope you had a wonderful Holiday weekend sweetness!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Great cards! The pinwheel threw me for a moment until I realized the new paper pack, what a great idea!

Kim said...

Hi Patti!
Love both of these! Glad to hear your holiday was nice! Hope your taking it easy so you can be all better by your U2 consert!!!

Netty said...

Hi Patti glad you have been having a great time with your family and friends.
Two wonderful cards. x

The Other Patti Sue said...

LOVE your food for thought today... Your cards are real stunners as usual!

craftieodmae said...

both are absolutely gorgeous!!!! Love the first one!!

Chelsea said...

Glad you had a great 4th. Great cards!

Iris said...

Amazing cards! Love the colors on both and love the pinwheel too!

shirley Hotop said...

Fabulous cards - and I still love colored pencils and OMS!! Love the pinwheel card and the sentiment is just perfect. Great job on both cards.

Lisa said...

Great cards! Love the colors on the pinwheel card.

Stef H said...

fabulous dahlink! simply fabulous!
that is one super awesome pinwheel!!!

really? you think i have alot a cardstock??? i don't think it's alot at all. now my DPs are an entirely different story. i'd need 9 of those shelves to fill up what i have! and it's still NOT enough - go figure!!!

hugs :)

Anonymous said...

Two fabulous cards Patti! I love that pinwheel with the sentiment.
hugs xx

Terri J said...

I like how your focal image comes out of the box in your first card. And your second card, I love the pinwheel you created. So fun and colorful!

Becky said...

These are fabulous Pattie. I just love that pinwheel..

Amy Johnson said...

Great cards! I love the new harvest set, and how you used the digital papers was so creative! Love the CAS design with those bold, bright papers.

Dawn Frost said...

Gorgeous cards, the pinwheel card is so cool! What a fantastic way to show off paper!

Amanda Mertz said...

Both are so pretty Patti! I love the frame you drew around the image. It looks perfect! Love the bright colors on the DSP too! TFS!

Maria Matter said...

Fabulous Patti!
first, I LOVE autumn cards & you did a gorgeous job with this image!

your second card, just makes me smile! fun, bright & happy! PERFECT!!!
You're a rock star hun!
hugs & blessings

Kathy W. said...

Both cards are amazing! Great job =)

Lynn Mercurio said...

These are outstanding! Love the way your colored your text of your pinwheel card. So very creative and festive! Rock on woman!

Kristine said...

Hi Patti... what great cards you made for the release! Love the Fall one--that's gotta be my favorite time of year following a hot summer. And what a cute pattern you made with the papers on your 2nd!! *Ü* Have a fun weekend!!

Grace said...

Hi my sweet friend! Great job on both these cards! I recently got out the pencils too! It was fun to use them again and you did awesome with them! Love the bright vivid colors of the pinwheel too! Sorry I don't get around to say hi as often as I'd like! Time and circumstances seem to always keep me behind!!! Think of you often sweet friend!!!
hugs,
Grace

L.Wilson said...

Very fun pinwheel card! Beautiful fall scene card too!

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh these are fabulous Patti! I especially love your little coloured pinwheel, and the sentiment is just perfect.
Hope you're foot is all better by now.

Curt in Indy said...

Love your Fall card, and I'm getting so excited for Fall already! That pinwheel is perfect, and reminds me of quilts. Great work as always! Best, Curt

Shirley said...

Your are so clever! I love the first one with the slightly OTB fence~ Beautiful for Fall. Hard to imagine with these temps. The last one is just so bright, cheerful, and fun!!

Jennie said...

How amazing are these two! I absolutely adore the soft, soft colours of the beautiful harvest!

Moving on to that wicked colour wheel! What a fantabulous card idea! xxx

Sharon Basel said...

These are terrific cards Patti. Love that pinwheel you created - how clever and the fall scene image is colored so perfectly. That is such a beautiful card.