Saturday, July 30, 2011

Telegram...

Happy Saturday, and welcome to day 3 of The Craft's Meow Sneak Peek!


I have another fabulous set to preview for you today. This set, "Telegram" is designed by the amazing Nina Brackett of Nina B. Designs! It's always fun to see what Nina's new designs are! She never seems to run out of ideas, and I love her sets that take us down memory lane, like this one today does.


Oh my goodness - there are so many possibilites with "Telegram". The set includes many sentiments, as well as several images. Again, the stamps work like a dream - the ink covers beautifully, and clean up so easily.


Here is my card:


This was a lot of fun to work with - it got me outside of the 'cutesy' box that I seem to have been in for a while, and mussing it up a bit was fun too! After I had adhered the two pieces on the front, I realized that I had forgotten to distress their edges like I did the DP background. Sigh.... sometimes I think I'd forget who I was if I couldn't refer to my driver's license - lol!!!


Hurry over to The Craft's Meow, to see who else has previews for you today! I know you won't be disappointed! Don't forget to leave comments! One lucky person who comments on The Craft's Meow blog will win this set! Woot woot for FREE stamps!


Have a great weekend!

Hugs and smiles,
Patti J.

Supplies: DP: Tim Holtz Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink Crocheted Trim: from my stash Buttons: Grandma's button jar Hand: The Red Rooster, Farmington, Mo.

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow beautiful card. Love the vintage look.
Hugs xx

ChickieChirps said...

Great card and I love the new set! So versatile!

Arabella

1LuvnMama said...

Such a luv-ly card! Luv the vintage look and the embellishments are a perfect touch!

Mandy said...

Patti, really love the style of this card. Such amazing detail and I wouldn't worry too much about forgetting to distress the edges it doesn't take away the beauty of this creation!

Mandy
x

Miesje said...

Oh my gosh - this is awesome Patti! I love that hand, and the design with the sentiments are fantastic! Love, love, love this!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Total vintage charm! You did a smashing job with this, Patti!

Marlou McAlees said...

Wow, this is so beautiful , I love the vintage feel and the brass vintage hand embelllishment :) TFS :)

Sally McD said...

If I remember right, the class I took with you, you said, "I like to dirty the edges a lot, some people don't." Well, something close to that and that's when I tried it and I love it! Although I haven't been doing much of it lately either. Keep cool, you may be retired but pray this heat wave breaks before kids get back to school and look forward to recess time!

Kristin Tierney said...

This is perfect! Don't sweat the small stuff - I thought it looked perfect without distressing the background. Love it!

Unknown said...

WOW....This is suca an elegant card.

Sharri said...

Wowzers Patti!! I love vintage feel with the brass! Thank you for the inspiration!!

Iris said...

Patti, amazing take on a vintage card!! Love all the distressing too!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Such a beautiful card Patty. Your vintage creation is amazing...looks like you do these types of cards all the time...I would never guess that this is out of your comfort zone. It's incredible.

Shirley said...

How very lovely, Patti! I love what you did with the vintage papers and that hand is just perfect here!

Cindy Haffner said...

BEAUTIFULLY done!!~

Elin Larsson said...

Love the distressed look on the card!! Beautiful :)

The Other Patti Sue said...

You are such a versatile stamper... just flip a switch and off in another direction you go! This is stunning... very impressive!

Lynn said...

Love your vintage-y take on this card. The hand charm is a great touch!

Ruby said...

Very nice card.

Richard said...

This is awesome, Patti! I think I need some of those hands!!!

Brenda said...

Beautifully done :)

Brandi said...

Just lovely! I love the vintage style of this card. And I just adore the gold & lace details. So pretty!

Stef H said...

i am a fan of nina's and this is gorgeous! that hand embellishment is fantastic!

hugs :)

Grace said...

Hi Patti! Oh my goodness I am loving this card! Your vintage touches just give me the warm fuzzies! Love this new set and have missed so much of the sneak peeks... HAVE to get to the release for sure! Thanks for the inspiration and for your sweet comment on my blog!
hugs!
Grace

Evelene S said...

That is so vintage looking with those embellishments. I just love it!

Helen L said...

This is a great card,and we would have never noticed that you didn't distress the edges of the paper if you hadn't mentioned it!! :-) The hand charm is darling: where did you get it?

Lynne in NI said...

Oh wow Patti, what a gorgeous card! Love your distressing (mine is always rubbish!) and your embellies are just perfect!

Chelsea said...

That's a fun stamp!

Anonymous said...

So pretty Patti!! I adore the Vintage look here!! ;)