Sunday, July 10, 2011

Toot Toot !

Good morning! Hope your Sunday is off to a wonderful beginning. I have to take a very short minute and share my excitement with you! I have a project in this month's CardMaker magazine!

When you get your issue, turn to page 16, and this is what you will see. I am still pinching myself! This pocket can also hold a Ghirardelli candy, or other small items. The image is one of the darling C.C. Designs images, Pumpin Emma. I totally adore the C.C. Designs images, and you can find them at All That Scraps! The sentiment and little flowers on the envelopes are another of my favorite companies, The Stamps of Life. If you've never checked out Stephanie's fun stamps, you should hurry over and do so!!!




I want to thank Mary Anne for thinking of me with a wonderful blog award this week! Mary Anne is one special lady, a special blogging friend, and especially talented! If you've never checked out her blog, please do! I'm supposed to tell you seven things about myself. Hmmmm....where to start? I'm SO boring these days!



1. As of July 1st, I've been retired two full years!
2. My DH is my best friend, my soulmate, and I'm so blessed that he's put up with me all these years (38 of them)!!!
3. I want to sky dive and zip line before I leave this earth!
4. I need to lose 100 pounds!
5. I have two of the most wonderful and amazingly thoughtful grown children ever!!!
6. I am a homebody!
7. I sometimes ride around town 'topless'. Really! Honestly! For our 30th wedding anniversary, my wonderful husband bought me a little black BMW Z3 convertible. When I put the top down, I am 'topless'! lol..... I think it had about 27,000 miles on it when he bought it, and it's only up to about 33,000! It's pretty impractical, but OMG it's so much fun to feel the breeze blowing through my hair!



I told you I was boring! Now I am supposed to pass this on - this is the part of these awards that I don't like :( I have so many wonderful blogging friends - I never know who to pass them on to, so please, grab this award if you are reading, tell us some things about yourself, and pass it on!!! Thanks again, Mary Anne!


Hope the rest of your weekend is full of blessings! I'll be back tomorrow with a card or two! Take care,

Patti J.

Food for thought: Hmmmm......think it's accidental that stressed spelled backwards is desserts?

28 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Congratulations on being published. You must be so thrilled!
Cheers from Bangalore ,India
Dr Sonia S V
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Stef H said...

woooooooooot wooooooooooot! way to go girlfriend! you're a star! and in my favorite magazine too! oh i'll be checking it out for sure! i'm sooooooo thrilled for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

topless!!!! now that's classy!!!

and congrats on the award. you are definitely sweet & irresistible... and i'll lost that 100 lbs with ya.... anytime. what are friends for!!!

hugs :)

The Other Patti Sue said...

Big HUGE congrats to you... how awesome is that! I'm going out to get a copy! I can say I knew you when... LOL! Thanks for the fun blog candy and I so LOVED the card, I was totally WOWed!

Pam Sparks said...

This is just FABULOUS Patti!!!! SO HAPPY for you!!! CONGRATS and more congrats!!! AND you used our beloved CC Designs stamps! woohoo! AWE.SOME! I hope Walmart has this in... do you know? I better get dressed first! haha Is the card on the front yours?

Laurie Unger said...

Congratulations! Toot toot and all that jazz! Love the card!

Chelsea said...

Congrats! I loved reading more about you ... Topless ... So funny!

CraftinGranny said...

Oh WOW Patti! Now how exciting is that. I'll have to go out and buy a copy now that I know someone famous... Sky diving, topless, don't sound boring to me....better be careful if you and Glitterbabe ever get together, it won't be safe on the streets......LOL
A HUGH CONGRATS! So proud of you. "Hugs" Carol

Iris said...

Yay!!! There's no doubt that you made it in that magazine with your amazing creativity!! And congrats on the award too!!!!

Have fun 'topless'!!!

Curt in Indy said...

I had to ask myself if I'm even worthy to leave a comment on a star's blog!!! LOL I'm am so very proud of you Patti! What a wonderful thing to happen to a wonderful person. Not only did you get published, you got a whole frickin page!!!!! That is over the top amazing! And so well deserved. I'm thrilled for you! Atta Girl! Hugs, Curt

Lorie said...

Thanks for showing us the page! How exciting for you! Congrats!

Lynn Mercurio said...

You ROCK Patty. Congratulations on this wonderful achievement. Your card is fantastic and so worthy of publication. I'm so happy for you!

Mau xx said...

Congratulations Patti, You really are a star, I wish I could go and buy the mag here.Thanks for sharing the page with us.
How can you say you are boring, you brighten my day each time I call by your blog..but "TOPLESS"
Well I think I need to choose my friends more wisely in future....lol
Thanks for your lovely comment on my showcase you are a gem xx

L.Wilson said...

Oh wow, congrats! Good for you!

Glenda Atkins said...

Congratulations Patti, well deserved the card is fabulous, so happy for you!!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

How fantastic to be published! Happy for you! Loved hearing about you. Boring? You, never!

Amy Johnson said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!

Terri J said...

Congratulations on your publication, I'm so happy for you!!

Lynne in NI said...

CONGRATULATIONS on being published Patti, how exciting for you, and such a sweet card too!
I've done the zip wire thing, (and yes, its SOOO EXCITING) but I still have the 'jump out of aeroplane' to do! Maybe someday!
{snigger} I now have a vision of you skydiving topless Bwahahaha!

Sue said...

So exciting..............loved the card and the project...........Congrats.

Hugs
Sue

Cat said...

Congrats, Patti! What exciting news! So happy for you!

Angela K said...

Congratulations!! That is wonderful, and such a cute project too!!

Brenda said...

How exciting for you Patti to be published!!! Huge Congratulations! Thanks for sharing some info about yourself.
Hugs :)

Janice said...

Congrats to you on being published!

Shirley said...

Congrats and TFS the card too! Awesome. I hear you on the weight. Let me know if you find a solution that can be done. LOLOLOL I think it might be will power!

Vicki said...

Patti! I just got my magazine today and am so proud of you!!! Congratulations!!!! What a wonderful thing for you!

HUGS!
Vicki

Ria said...

Congratulations on being published :)and thank you so much for using CC Designs :)

hugss Ria

Marion Kuipers-van Eijsden said...

Oh love these images!!!! Fabulous cards with them! Congrats with it!
xxx

Kim said...

CONGRATS dear friend!!!! So doin the happy dance for you!!!

What an adorable project will have to go out and grab that edition now...

PS enjoyed learning 7 more things about you, Sky diving & Zip line!!#?! & Topless.... not so boring IMHO!!! LOL!

Oh and thanks so much for the blog candy,That was super sweet and it made my day!

Ok I think i'm caught up with your posts now...
Hugs