Wednesday, July 20, 2011

No Name has New Name!

Wow, what fun! A few days ago, I posted photos of the new pup that has come to reside with us. I gave YOU, the smartest readers in the world, a chance to "Name that Doggie"...

Here are the names that were suggested:

Angel
Puff Ball
Snow Ball
Killer
Sadie
Ada
Rex
Bailey
Sasha
Sophie
Chloe
Zoe
Annie
Mia
Allie
Cuddles
Cleo
Lovey
Happy
Molly
Abby
Lucy
Honey
Toasty
Gracey
Lacey
Candy
Lovey
Noodle
Foxy

Here's what we did. The last few days, we have called her all of these names several times. There was one name that she responded to over and over again, so we decided to let HER pick her name! Drum roll please........

Her name is SOPHIE!!!

Congratulations to Cat, for picking just the right name, and thanks to everyone else who submitted names!

The name drawn at random is: TheBug415! Congratulations!

Both ladies will receive an "Itty Bitty (really!) Blog Candy". Please e-mail me with your name and address, and I'll get your teensy weensy prizes in the mail asap!

Thanks again, everyone!
Back tomorrow!

Hugs, Patti J.

Food for thought: Did you know that every single minute you are angry about something, you lose 60 seconds of your life?

15 comments:

Lorie said...

I think that is the perfect way to name her! Sophie is a great name!

Susan Raihala said...

Awwww, Sophie is perfect. Give her a scratch on the butt from me! Daisy says my doggie butt scratches are DA BOMB, LOL!

Sue said...

Sophie is a lucky girl.......name fits her perfectly!

Hugs
Sue

Bernie said...

That's a wonderful way to do it! We rescued a dog ten years ago, tried calling her every name we could think of but she never responded. So we named her and after ten years she still seldom responds. She thinks she's a cat. LOL!
Blessings Bernie

Iris said...

Sophie, I can see it now. Sophie; the amazing, cute, and awesome doggie!

craftieodmae said...

i had a doggie name sophie once...............love the name!

Glittered Paws said...

I can't wait to meet dear Sophie - she looks like so much fun and although it is a class in patience she will get "potty" trained. We were lucky that our 2 girls came already trained!!!

Mary Dawn said...

what? she didn't respond to "Killer"? i'm saddened

LOL

Amanda Mertz said...

Awww!! Congrats on the addition of Sophie to your family! =)

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Hi Sophie! pat pat, rub, rub, scratch, scratch! Sophie was my grandmom's name.

Lynne in NI said...

Fab choice of name, and what a great way to choose it! After all, its her name so why not!

Shirley said...

Patti, Sophie is the name my daughter gave to her favorite first dog she picked as an adult~! How special!

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet name for your new doggie, and what a fun way to decide on it! Love that she got to choose it herself.

K. Joy said...

Yay, I'm so glad she got the perfect name! :) That's a great name, too!

Melisa Waldorf said...

You think of the most fun post!!!! I love this. I wish you could write a few for my blog! And you picked the perfect name! I'm partial to Sophie (my yorkie) for a name as well!