Friday, May 10, 2013

Welcome, Grumpy!

A few weeks ago, I was invited to attend a 'doggie shower', and to bring our fur legged babies, Flake and Sophie.  Since Flake and Sophie are a bit grumpy themselves, I chose to take our uber-sweet grand-daughter-doggie, Rosie to the park instead!
Here we are, enjoying the day...

 
This lady is a LONG time friend.  She and her DH cannot have children, so believe me when I say that this puppy shower was SO special, so much fun, and such a great day.  
I needed a very special, and unique card.
As in many previous emergencies, CardMaker Magazine came to my rescue!  In their Spring Special Issue, 'Quick & Easy Cards', on page 34, is a card designed by Janice Kohles.  (Sorry, I tried to link Janice up, but could not find active link - if you know Janice, please tell her she's 'famous' :)
Anyhooooo.....here is MY version of Janice's card, using an actual photo of our Grumpy!

 


I literally grabbed scraps of leftovers, and an OLD sheet of woodgrain CS, so am not even going to attempt to list supplies here.  Hope Grumpy and Rosie brought a smile to you on this beautiful day!

The 'kids' are safely in Germany.  If you would like to read about their travel from the US to Germany, and their days since, please feel free to check out DD's last few blog posts.  She loves to have visitors
and comments!  You can find her HERE.

If anyone knows where I can find stamps of the 'potty people' (you know, like the icons on a restroom door), please let me know!!!  Thanks in advance!

Hugs and blessings,
Patti J. 

22 comments:

Netty said...

great to see a photo of you and love the very special card you made, hugs Annette x

Stef H said...

i LOVE it! what a great card! would be perfect for some of neenah's new friends!

have a great weekend.

hugs :)

Beth Norman said...

Very cute card. What a fun occasion. Glad to hear the trip to Germany was a success.

Amanda Mertz said...

So sweet….the photos and the card! The woodgrain paper is perfect for this project. I know your friend appreciated the custom card for her shower! TFS!

Cheryl W said...

You look fantastic, Patti! Very cute card - love that woodgrain CS. I also enjoyed reading your DD's blogpost about their travels to Germany. I thought it was very interesting to learn how they transport our troops on assignment overseas. Thanks for posting the link to her blog. She's a terrific writer!

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

gorgeous card! love to see a photo of you. have a great weekend. hugs, Helena

Laurie Unger said...

Oh Patti~ this is super cute!!! Great photo of you!

Unknown said...

How adorable! Love it... I am getting a new puppy on May 22nd - so this gives me some inspiration!

Sue said...

What a sweet card for a puppy shower! I bet she loved it! See your Grand-dog made it along with her Mom and Dad to Germany and they are getting into life abroad!
I know you are missing them all, but I am so happy they are together at last. Happy Mother's Day, Patti.

Hugs
Sue

Donna said...

Adorable card!!

Lynne in NI said...

Heee, a puppy shower sounds like great fun, bet your friend loved her card! Lovely pic of you and grand-dog too!
Glad to hear DD arrived safely, she will find it strange for a while till she settles in.

richardbreaks said...

How sweet is THAT!!!

Lynne in NI said...

Hey Patti, is this what youre thinking of re, rest room door figures ...?
http://www.mftstamps.com/index.php?route=product/product&filter_name=boy&product_id=1853

Lynn Mercurio said...

Oh my goodness, but this is the most adorable doggie card that I've seen in ages. I had to laugh at the "grumpy" part...my mother-in-law had a dog like that. Not very social with others of her kind. LOL

Happy Mother's Day, sweet friend.

Cheri said...

Too cute and fabulous, Patti! I love the idea you borrowed and look how perfectly it worked out.
Loved seeing the photo of you - you look maaavelous!!! So happy to read you comment on my blog. Thanks so much for visiting....I miss you.

Monika/Buzsy said...

What an awesome card Patti. Love the shape. Perfect for the occasion. Looks like it was the perfect day too in the park. :)

Chelsea said...

Soooo cute. Love the dog house!!!

Amy Johnson said...

Awwww, what a sweet and fun card! So perfect for the occasion!

Anonymous said...

AW! What a really sweet creation!! I love the dog house look and how it opens up to show the photo! Adorable!! HUGS

Melisa Waldorf said...

sooooo cute!!! I've never been to a doggy shower / party. Not sure I could take my pups either ... they are not very social teehee. Hope you are doing well my friend!

Auntie Em said...

Your card is adorable! I love the name plate over the door. What a cute idea. I have never heard of a doggy shower before. lol Sounds like fun!

Sandy Ang said...

Fab !! Love the idea of the dog house card