Thursday, May 16, 2013

Messy Bessy meets Scrap Town Lady!

Hello!

DH is at a Cardinal's baseball game today, so I have some 'me' time.  
Thought I'd drag out the Copics and color a bit! 
 
I saw a challenge for a monochromatic project yesterday, while perusing Facebook, and decided to give it a try.  It's a Bestie's Challenge, and you can find it HERE.  Then I went to Etsy, and found this Sherri Baldy 'Messy Bessy' image HERE.  Just had to 'adopt' her....lol.



Once she was all finished, and I was ready to assembe the card, I realized that it was not all going to fit.  Hmmm......what to do, what to do?  Read on!

I simply took my craft knife and 'raised' up her bow!  It not only gave the card a bit of a 3-dimensional touch, it let the pieces all fit together beautifully!   
Mistakes = creative opportunities, right?


My first box of Scrap Town Lady goodies arrived yesterday, and OH MY, OH MY, what beautiful papers it contained!  This pad is 'Renew' from Authentique and you can purchase it HERE.  When making my card, I couldn't figure out what sentiment to use on this sweetie.  With the ladybug, I felt it should be a bit nature-ish, but nothing was jumping out at me.  I turned over the pad of 'Renew', and VOILA!  On the back cover, was this perfect sentiment, frame and all.  I only had to cut it out and mount it.  Pretty cool, don't you think? 


Hope you are having a great week, and...
that the weekend brings you oodles of crafty time!

Thanks for dropping by today,

Hugs...

Patti J.

26 comments:

Unknown said...

I just love your little girl Patti.
I wish I knew how to color like that.

Cheryl W said...

Fantastic card, Patti! You are so clever in lifting up that bow. I love the way it turned out.

Sherri Baldy Art said...

I am in LOVE with your beautiful Card.... So pretty.... XOXO
Sherri

Janice said...

This is just gorgeous! Love the image. Congrats on the new DT and hope you had a fantastic Mother's Day!

Lynne in NI said...

Heee what a great 'creative opportunity', her bow looks fab! Perfect sentiment too xx

Netty said...

I love your card Patti, such a fab image and sentiment. Enjoy the weekend, hugs Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Sue said...

Sounds like everything just fell into place on the beautiful card. She is a sweetie, and love how you colored her up. LOVE Authentique papers, one of my favs. Just lovely!

Hugs
Sue

Amy Johnson said...

What a beautiful image and card!

Sharon Underwood said...

Love this image, and I'm impressed with what you did with her bow! Way to go, Patti!

Grace said...

Awww... messy bessy is just adorable!!! Your coloring really brings her to life too! Adorable card my friend!!!
hugs,
Grace

Lynette said...

Genius! And very cute! And great paper! What a wonderful card. Isn't "me" time awesome?

Marcia Dehn-Nix said...

Such an adorable card! You did an awesome job coloring her too.

Joan Ervin said...

What a darling little girl image, Patti..love your beautiful coloring and all the colors and pretty papers!!!

Unknown said...

This is so gorgeous Patti!
Fab bow.
Hugs xx

Glittered Paws said...

Cuteness - and what an adorable image to work with and the sentiment is very nice. Great job friend.

Stef H said...

genius! sheer genius!

have a great weekend.

hugs :)

Donna said...

Cute as can be, like that bow-I love those opportunities to embellish!!

Beth Norman said...

Very creative. Love that cute image. You coloured her so well. Going to see Jillian Michael's tonight with my son. Thought I could use the inspiration to lose my last 10 lbs. You prob know she's from The Biggest Loser. Good luck on your journey.

Unknown said...

I love Bestie's! Great coloring!

Carole said...

Adorable Patti, she is so darn cute! Great card my friend. Hugs, Carole

Lynn Mercurio said...

Fantastic, Patti. Love the fabulous coloring you did on this image and the way you popped up part of the image is wonderful and adds so much dimension! Awesome job.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Super cute card Patti. Love the darling image and the coloring. The popped up bow looks great! Great way of fitting everything on the card. :)

Laurie Unger said...

What a fabulous card. Great idea on cutting back part of her bow! Have a great weekend!

Curt in Indy said...

I like the "mistakes=opportunity". That is a great positive spin on the subject. Like your creativity with the knife! LOL Hope you are doing well. Hugs, Curt

Mau xx said...

LOl..where there's a will there's a way. It turned out perfect Patti, love the sweet image.
Huge Hugs Mau xx

Diane said...

What a very cute card! Love what you created.