Wednesday, July 11, 2012

What If Wednesday...Sketch J112

Wow - I've posted three days in a row!  Don't be expecting this on a regular basis...lol!!!
Goodness, this week is already half over, come on weekend...

It's time for another What If Wednesday Sketch Challenge at the Repeat Impressions Blog, The House That Stamps Built!
Repeat Impressions 9010-W 'Watermelon', Flourishes CS, Amuse CS, Ribbon from Hobby Lobby, Glossy Accents, Spellbinder's Oval and Oval Scallop Dies, Stampin' Up corner punch, Dimensional Squares

This month is truly kicking my behind, so I decided to do another CAS card.  The image was stamped, colored with Copic Markers, cut with an oval Spellbinder die, and matted on a scalloped red oval, also cut with a Spellbinder die. The card is white CS, folded in half with a black and white dotted (yep, those dots again) piece of Amuse CS as the background.  The dotted piece was punched with a Stampin' Up! ticket punch.  The red gingham ribbon from my stash, was tied around the background panel and the panel was adhered to the card.  The Watermelon was then added with dimensional foam, and some Glossy Accents were applied for that juicy watermelon look.

I didn't flip the sketch, but I stretched it...I'm such a rebel :)

Hope your week is going well, and I'd love to see YOUR card in our sketch challenge at The House That Stamps Built this week!  The challenge details can be found there, as well.

I know that you are eager for me to stop jabbering so that you can go check out what beauties my fellow Rockstars have created for you, so without further ado...

Cheri     Dawn     Joy     Karen     Kecia     Lynette     Makiko

Have a great day!

Patti J.

20 comments:

richardbreaks said...

That melon looks good enough to eat, Patti!! YUM!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I have been loving your use of polka dots recently. This is a luscious color combo, and great sketch! Yes you are indeed a rebel! Happy Hump Day!

Lorie said...

You ARE a rebel Patti! That watermelon looks good enough to eat!

Judy Inukai said...

Great card. I love the watermelon and the black polka dot paper with the red gingham ribbon over the green.

joy said...

That watermelon looks so real! Love the polka dotted background paper and gingham ribbon is one of my favorites!

Cheri said...

Hahahaha....you really want me to believe you're a rebel??? CAS sure looks good on you, Miss Patti!!! This ROCKS!! I love every detail and I LOVE CAS. You do'n goooood GF.

STAMPING SAM said...

YUM! Jim and I have been eating watermelon (from the Farmer's Market) everyday . Some are better than others, but this week is yummy just like your card! I love CAS but hard to do, always seems like I need to add more. Got a little rain/wind at our house tonight, how about you?

The Other Patti Sue said...

Love the glossy finish on your watermelon! Great card! Hang in there this month will be over before you know it!

Lynette said...

Love your yummy watermelon, Patti! Great card!

Auntie Em said...

Oh Patti! I love the shiny red watermelon on the black and white polka dots with the gingham ribbon. Sophisticated country. The green makes the perfect mat.
Slow down and enjoy your summer. It's going by so fast!!! :)

Jennie said...

Cute card Patti! Love the dots :)

Grace said...

Hi Patti! So good to see you visit me the other day!!! Your card is adorable! Love the fun color combo and the watermellon makes me hungry! Yum!!! I hope your summer is going wonderfully! I am enjoying my grandma days this week but had to come say hello to you my friend!!!!
hugs,
Grace

Laurian said...

Hi Patti, love your card - that watermelon looks scrumptious!
Fab design for the sketch, I'm following you now!
Hugs
Laurian

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! I came over to join your blog and already was! Thank you for playing at The Outlawz and visiting me! Hugz

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is delightfully delicious. Love all the dimension and how your gloss makes the watermelon "drip" onto the card. Great job.

Becky said...

Patti, that melon looks delicious! Love the polka dots.

Amanda Mertz said...

Super sweet card! Love the small dot DSP and the glossy touch to the watermelon! Hope you are well even if you're super busy! TFS!

Lynne in NI said...

Mmmmm your watermelon looks good enough to eat! Gorgeous colour combo too.

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Patti. Love the watermellon image and the glaze on top.

Carole said...

Yum Patti, awesome melon. Wonderful card!