Thursday, July 5, 2012

It's Those 'Dots' Again!

Howdy folks!  
So...does anyone else out there keep thinking that today is Monday?  Sheesh!  
I am a creature of HABIT, and when DH is home on a Wednesday, it scrambles my brain.  
Hope that your holiday was enjoyable.  Ours was very quiet!

I'm on my way to get a much needed haircut, but wanted to share this card with you first.  Yup, it's those dots again.  Can't help myself - I love them!  This card was actually created for a challenge at Stamp TV, but I missed it....card was done several days in advance, but didn't get posted.  
As always, I'm a day late and a few dollar short :)

Gina K. Designs Friendship Blooms (image) & Block Greetings (sentiment), Amuse CS, Stampin'Up! Ribbon, Yellow CS Scrap, Copic Markers
 The challenge was to use my favorite GKD rose.  When I went through my stamps, I only had ONE stamp with a rose on it, so voila!  No decisions here - just used what I had!  
This card will go to someone I know that is battling cancer, and has surgery on July 9th.

Have a wonderful day, dear friends - the weekend will soon be here...

Smiles,
Patti J.

21 comments:

Lorie said...

Just lovely (as always!) Patti! Have a wonderful day!

Donna said...

Beautiful card, it will brighten her day! I love the dots too.

Amanda Mertz said...

Love the color combination! I'm sure this sweet image will brighten your friends day for sure! TFS!

Brenda said...

Beautiful card Patti
!

Glittered Paws said...

Beautiful - love the yellow roses and I am sure you will get more roses!!! Love the polka dots - sitting here now trying to decide what color polka dots I want to order next.

Cat said...

Gorgeous card, Patti! Love the soft colors! Hope you're staying cool in this heat!

Becky said...

This is beautiful Patti! I love this color combo.

STAMPING SAM said...

The cheery colors of this card will certainly cheer your friend. I love dots too! Matter of fact SU! Has a whole DP pack of dotted papers. Think I better get myself some. Thanks for your comment on my new blog and signing up as a follower!

Dawnll said...

I swear my week is off and I am not sure what day it is...all day at work I dated things wrong.
I had a quiet 4th on the couch in jammies all day...lol thought you would appreciate that.
Another lovely design dots and all

The Other Patti Sue said...

I love the dots... makes for a great card!

Sue said...

Patti, I love dots too! the pairing of the yellow and blue is so pretty. Have a great weekend.

Hugs
Sue

Glenda Atkins said...

Lovely card Patti and I think dots are great, you can put them just about anywhere and they look good!

Auntie Em said...

Never get tired of polka dots! They are so fresh and sweet with this pitcher of pretty posies.
Hope you have a great weekend! They seem to fly by so fast in the summer. :)

Dana said...

Adorable Patti! I love it : ) lol @ thinking it was Monday with the hubs home. Glad you had a nice peaceful 4th, we did too!
Hugs~
Dana

Julia Aston said...

Love the clean cut look of this pretty card Patti! That vase of flowers is beautiful!

Carole said...

Another wonderful card Patti, love the colours you chose to work with.

Yes my friend, both pictures were taken from my patio. I am about 2 blocks from the ocean. Glad you like!
Hugs ... Carole

Laurie Unger said...

Love this! Great color combo!

Beth Norman said...

Very pretty. Lovely soft colours. I'm like you and get cards made but not posted in time. Never enough hours in the day.

Stef H said...

dots are good. now if you could only do something about this heat!

hugs :)

Iris said...

Those dots are great and great "choice" of stamp! I'm sure this card will make that someone's day!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a lovely card Pattu. That image is so pretty. Really like yellow and blue together.