Wednesday, July 25, 2012

What If Wednesday Sketch Challenge

So here we are...another Wednesday!

Wendy's Amazing Sketch:

My card:
Repeat Impressions Series 9200 Image, Bazzill Basics CS, Copic Markers, Scrap of green zig zag trip, Kaiser Craft Pearls, wet and dry adhesive, dimensional squares.

Rather than do pennants, I stamped the image a couple of extra times, and fussy cut three of the flowers. Some Kaiser Craft pearls finished off my border.  I used one of the new images from the 9200 series, and colored it with Copic Markers.  The 'corners' on all of my pieces were done with a small square punch, that I barely caught the edge of the CS with.  The nice even mats were done, once again with my Perfect Layers Tools.  The image is popped up on dimensional foam. I also split the butterfly wings, and popped one up a bit higher than the other for some dimension.

We would love to see your take on this fun sketch!  When you have your card finished, just head over to the RI blog, The House That Stamps Built, and link it up...you could be the lucky winner!  Full details on the blog!

Now, my fellow Rockstars have been hard at work, and have some beautiful and fun creations to share! Check out what they have been working on, using this sketch:

Cheri     Dawn     Joy     Karen     Kecia     Lynette     Makiko

Have a good day!

Patti J.

20 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Awesome take on the sketch - love the butterflies and the corner punch - which one is it???

Carolyn King said...

Beautifully done. love all the fussy cut flower accents!

craftieodmae said...

Shut the front door!!!! This is gorgeous!

Lorie said...

That is just lovely Patti! I love your fussy cutting!

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi, Patti! Your card is sooo in tune with the sketch!!! And it's so pretty!

Been missing you, my friend!

Glenda Atkins said...

Lovely card and your flowers are fabulous!

CraftinGranny said...

Oh wow, what an amazing take on the sketch. It's just gorgeous Patti.. New challenge blog to me and I'm definitely checking out that layers tool. Thanks for the inspiration!! "Hugs"

Lynne in NI said...

Ohhh this is so pretty Patti! Great job with that sketch, love how you used those gorgeous flowers instead!

Unknown said...

This is so gorgeous Patti! Love the colours and that image is so beautiful.
Hugs xx

The Other Patti Sue said...

Very creative way to use the sketch! Lovely card!

Confiseries Papier said...

Fabulous interpertation of the sketch, loving the daisies and of course the butterfly gives it that extra special touch. Great card!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Your border is amazing, and I just love the butterfly perched on top.

Beth Norman said...

Wowza. I love your fussy cut flowers. Talk about a lot of work. Your work rocks!

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Lovely card! hugs, Helena

joy said...

Patti -- how creative of you to add the flower border on the ric rack! Wonderful card!

Lynette said...

I love that beautiful stamp and the card you made using the sketch. I especially love the flowers down the side. Great job, Patti!

Cheri said...

Well, we weren't on that same telapathic line this time....but that's okay cuz this is stunning!!!!

Iris said...

Great take on the sketch! Love that you turned those pennants into flowers and making the most of your stamps. As always, great coloring and love those layers!

Anonymous said...

Hello my friend! WOW!! Gorgeous card, love those colorful flowers along the side too!! So glad you stopped by my blog hun!!

AmethystCat said...

beautiful! what a great take on the sketch!