Saturday, September 11, 2010

Oh, the places you'll go...

I love Dr. Seuss! Always have, and always will. When the kids were young, we had Green Eggs and Ham, and other books totally memorized, as did the kids!



So, when The Angel Company came out with this travel set, and had a sentiment from Dr. Seuss included, guess who had to buy it?



I know that it was meant for me to have it, because as I was mounting and cutting it out, I was also blurfing, looking for challenges. (See, I can multi-task!)



Anyway, here I am cutting and mounting, and I open up Crafty Creations Challengs.
AHA! The challenge this week is "Transportation".
Okay, peeps, I've got it made in the shade for this one!



lol...
However, I was also in the camper, where there are very limited resources! I was able to stamp, but had little else to work with, so I stamped, and stamped and stamped!
Instead of coloring, I paperpieced the vehicles!
Found a scrap of ribbon in my bag, and made a road.
Voila, a transportation card, while sitting in a transportation vehicle.
This next two cards are made with a new TAC set as well, "Peace, Be Still". I love the gentle and serene nature of the stamps.
This is for Fresh Brewed Designs, where the challenge is simply "Brown". It is. I've not added a sentiment, as I'm not sure who's getting this one. I'll add it when I decide!
Last, here's a very simple card made for the following challenges:
For Fun Challenges: Black, White, and one other color
Simplicity: Black, white, and a spot of color

All righty, off I go. Have a bit of housework to do before heading to church for some great singing! Take care everyone!

Patti J.

26 comments:

Dawnll said...

Wow you have been busy on the road! I like the ingenuity you used to come up with a travel card...wow!
Great job on all of these beauties.

Iris said...

Oh, I love Dr.Seuss! LOVELY CARDS!

The Other Patti Sue said...

OMGosh these are all amazing! I love the bug and camper... I NEED that set! I own 2 bugs and did a paper about Dr. Seuss in college!

Nikki Schmaltz said...

I love Dr Seuss too! I love how you did the road on that card and how you can justify the purchase of any stamp...lol. I totally get it! You CAS card at the bottom be stills my heart. It's breathtaking. I've been very MIA lately, but I'm so glad I got a chance to see your beautiful work today.

Rufus said...

I LOVE your paper pieced "Places you'll go" card! Dr. Seuss rocks and so does your card!
R/

CraftinGranny said...

Hey GF you been a busy crafter lately. Love your cards, especially the black and white. Thanks for joining us at For Fun this week. Hope to see you back Wednesday. "Hugs" Carol

Crystal said...

WOOOWEEEE sweetie you have been busy stamping on the road..these are sooo FABULOUS Patti!!!!! GREAT creations!!! Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Crystal said...

WOOOWEEEE sweetie you have been busy stamping on the road..these are sooo FABULOUS Patti!!!!! GREAT creations!!! Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I do not like Green Eggs and Ham, I do not like them Sam I Am, I will not eat them in a tree, I will not eat them on your knee. Okay, so I made that last part up, but once upon a time I knew the entire story by heart! LOL Gotta love Dr. Seuss!

Cute card PJ!

Love and hugs,
Lisa

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Wow these are fabulous - my favorite is that cute bug and camper!!! Great job! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations!
Melissa

Glittered Paws said...

WOW how did I miss this post - totally amazing - and love love love the camper/bug card truly original.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards, Patti. Thanks for joining us at For Fun Challenges this time.
Amelia x

Melisa Waldorf said...

I love your creativity with the ribbon on the road!!! and the paper piecing is so cute! I just love that last image. Who makes that stamp?

Helen Dooley said...

Great cards!!! Thanks so much for sharing with us this week.

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh they're all fab, but I especially love your little camper card - the sentiment is fab ... I could almost recite word for word the Cat in the Cat! And your ribbon road was an inspired idea, love it!

Amanda Mertz said...

If you can make these 3 gorgeous cards while in a camper with limited supplies then I think you should win each of the challenges you entered! What can you do with 1 arm tied behind your back?? =) TFS!

Jessie said...

Wonderful cards Patti!

Susan said...

WOW! Gorgeous work! I love the scene card...so pretty! The bug card..well, I'm partial to "bugs" as that was my very first card! Awesome work!!

kssdesigns said...

Oh my goodness Patti! Your little camping card is just so darling!!!

Sue said...

Wow, Patti, you have been a busy bee. Love all three cards, the car and camper are so fun and the sailboat and bird are so simply beautiful, lovely sentiments too.

Hugs
Sue

craftyb said...

3 FAB cards...love them all! The paper pieced car and Rv are fab...so hippie! Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Creations! bx

Pauline said...

What a wonderful creation... just beautiful in its simplicity.... and such a stirring scripture... it gets me every time! Thanks so much for joining us at For Fun this week!
hugs from Australia,
Pauline

Pauline said...

Oh PAAATTYYYY....
Hop on over to For Fun Challenges .....you gotta go see!
Congratulations!
hugs and blessings,
Pauline

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

HOW AWESOME ARE YOUR CARDS?!?! I am in love with them all. Great scene on the first, i love the ribbon road and paper piecing. The second is simply beautiful ... and the third... my heart sunk. I love that scripture .. so much power and love in one small little verse.

Thanks so much for playing along at Freshly Brewed Challenges.

Nina said...

love all of these Patti, and I especially love the first one, so fun!

Angela K said...

LOVE your card with the Places you'll go set!!! WOW! Fabulous