Monday, September 13, 2010

Branson, Mo.????

Hello out there!
Once again, I'm with DH for a day or so, and have very limited resources. I found a challenge at Little Red Wagon that I could do with no problem! The challenge is to use a photo on our card/project. This photo is one that DD took of the Arch in St. Louis. Isn't it a wonderful photo? I could take a picture of the arch on a cloudy day, and that's what it would look like. She takes the same picture on the same day at the same time, and it's a work of art...go figure!
The sentiment is an old stamp from Stampabilities. I use it often! Had to use StazOn Ink on the glossy photo. CS is DCWV. That's all there was to it!!!
On to some personal business...
H E L L O out there.....
Are any of my blogging, scrapping, cardmaking friends from Branson, Mo.???
I've been traveling some with DH - he drives to Branson every single week for work. It's a 4.5+ hour drive, and I hate for him to do this week after week alone. So...I've volunteered (been drafted?) to come down with him a couple of times each month to help with driving, paperwork, driving, etc. Once I get here, I'm pretty much 'stuck' in a 5th wheel throughout the day while he works. I'd love to find a buddy who might come pick me up now and then to craft, shop, shop, craft, etc... let me know if you live nearby! When I'm here, our camper is parked at Holiday Hills Resort's campgrounds. I've heard there is a fabulous scrapbook store on the strip, but haven't been able to check it out!
Hope you are off to a great week!
I brought a few stamps and some CS and DP - I think I'll play tomorrow!
Hugs to all!
Patti J.

16 comments:

Dawnll said...

Wonderful picture on this card, great challenge.
Hope you find a great buddy to help with the time you are there.
Who wouldn't want to spend time with you?

Carolyn King said...

this looks so cool! love how you stamped over the pic.
Hope you find a buddy to hang with...it sure will make the time pass by faster!

Rufus said...

Wow, great picture! Hope that you find a buddy in the area. That would be fun.
R/

CraftinGranny said...

Great picture Patti! Absolutely love going to Branson but it's about a 5 hours drive and I hate the traffic there. Wish I lived closer to have a crafting buddy to shop with.. Enjoy your trip!
"Hugs" Carol

Justa Ann Nabors said...

Oh I wish you were close Patti, we would hit the stores and scrap. Be careful and have a good time. Justa

The Other Patti Sue said...

Super great card! Sometimes the best cards come out of limited supplies!

Terri J said...

What a fantastic picture! Great job with the challenge!

Beate said...

That is one gorgeous photo and card.
Sorry....I wish we could stamp together. But I don't even live anywhere close to Branson.

Hugs and smiles

Glittered Paws said...

Wow what an awesome card - I think I might thisw same pic that I bought from melissa last fall festival. It worked up beautiful. I live about the same distance to Branson as you do!!! Hmm...
.

Lynne in NI said...

Oh what a beautiful picture Patti and your CAS layout is perfect for it
Glad I don't live anywhere near Branson .... I've a funny feeling that after a day in a scrapbook store with you I'd be bankrupt! Bwahaha! (though truthfully, I'd love to spend the day crafting and shopping with you!)

Netty said...

Terrific picture Patti. x

Lynn Mercurio said...

What a wonderful card. This is one of the most stunning photographs of the arch, with the lovely clouds in the background! What a creative work of art!

Maria Matter said...

omgosh, you're right, this is a piece of ART!!!! gorgeous!

I'm willing to come to Branson and shop with you! lol I LOVE branson and all it has to offer! The last time we were there, we stayed in a hotel direct across from a craft store. It was delightful!!!

Hope you find a MO buddy!
hugs & blessings Patti!

Anonymous said...

I wish!
Pam Going Postal

Nina said...

Oh I hope someone can find you and make a play date!! great card!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Oh what a wonderful photo. Mine would not have turned out like that either. She has a great eye! I wish I could join you in Branson. We have been there twice, to Silver Dollar City. My grandparents lived in Arkansas. We enjoyed it. It's was beautiful there. I hope you have a wonderful rest of the week!