Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Flutterby meets Back to School

In case you can't tell by the speediness of my blog entries, I'm helping DH again this week! Hopefully, I'll still be able to get around to say hello and to ooh and aah over your pretties this week!

This first card is for Flutterby Wednesday. We were to use a fairy, butterfly, or angel on our cards, and....this week, a sketch was featured. And not just any sketch...a sketch by the fabulous Mercy! For my card, I used Kraft CS, DCWV Mat Stack, Glossy Accents, and TAC True Beauty stamps. I added a bit of color with my colored pencils and LOMS. The ribbon is from Michael's. I distressed with Tim Holtz Distress Inks, Antique Linen and Vintage Photo. Easy Breezy!

Here's my card...




This next card is CAS, for sure! This is for the following challenges:

Creative Card Crew: Back to School
Belli Challenge: Use an old stamp (this was the first stamp that I ever received as a gift from a friend)

Supplies: Image by Anita's "Sugarloaf" Stamps, Ladybug by All Night Media, Palette Noir Ink, Ribbon from Michael's, The Paper Studio DP.

I have one more picture to show you. My friend, Shirley, has this amazing DH who can make just about anything you might want for your craft room! He's been making us these holders for our Stickles. This one is made from Cherry wood, as that's what he had on hand, but he can make them out pine, etc., as well.

As shown, he is selling these holders for $5 per tier plus s/h. If you have TONS of Stickles, and need it to hold more per row, he can do that, it may just cost a bit more!

If you are interested in one of these beauties, or have another item you would like quoted, email Shirley at: Shirleyhotop@hotmail.com

Have a great Tuesday!

Patti J.

19 comments:

Dawnll said...

Beautiful cards my friend I love the colors on this first one a lot. You always do such a beautiful job. Always enjoy my visit.

Becky said...

How dag gone fabulous.. The card too :)

craftieodmae said...

Your card is beautiful!!! Thanks for the heads up at Belli Challenge!!!

Crystal said...

Fantastic cards Patti, WOW I really love that teacher sentiment!!!! WOOHOO Hope you enjoyed your long weekend sweetie!

Crystal said...

Fantastic cards Patti, WOW I really love that teacher sentiment!!!! WOOHOO Hope you enjoyed your long weekend sweetie!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Super cool stckles organization! Love both cards.... absolutely wonderful GF!

Glittered Paws said...

Love the cards - and I didn't know that the ladybug was your very firwst stamp and to think you still have it!!! You must have been "busy" this weekend and great pic of the stickles organizer. Thanks bunches.

A Consuming Passion said...

Two great cards Patti!! Love the sentiment on the teacher's card though. Good luck with the challenges!

Iris said...

Love the purple and those fab ladybugs!!!

Brenda said...

Patti these are so beautiful!!Good luck with the challenges.

Michele Kovack said...

Love both cards! (Especially because I am a teacher! : ) The first one's butterflies are gorgeous!!!

Barb said...

Beautiful flutter-by!!! LOVE the colors and that vintagey look :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a stunning butterfly cards and take on the sketch Patti!! The stickles holder is such a clever idea. Thanks for sharing!

Beate said...

Both cards are gorgeous, Patti! And that stickles holder is such a cool idea.
Hugs and smiles

Lynne in NI said...

Gorgeous cards Patti - the butterfly one is soooo pretty and I love the sentiment and ribbon on the teacher one! And how talented is your friends DH, he should have patented that idea!

Amanda Mertz said...

Beautiful cards Patti! I especially love the purple butterflies---very rich & elegant looking! TFS!

AmethystCat said...

gorgeous card and what a super stickles holder that Shirley's hubby makes. hmm - I'll have to think about that...:)

redwasher1 said...

Both cards are just stunning!! Your DD is gorgeous no wonder the butterfly stayed so long!!!!

Unknown said...

OMG Patti simply stunning, love them. Hugs Suzanne x