Sunday, September 5, 2010

Happy Sunday!

Happy Sunday!
It's time for another challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ!
This week, the hostess is Grace. She's chosen John 4:10, 13, 14 (NIV) for today's Scripture:
Jesus answered her, "If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water." Jesus answered, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."
This week's challenge is to create a card or project that refers to water in some way. This can be in your image or your sentiment. I was going to use a darling cow in a swimming pool, then thought about a workout gal with a water bottle, but changed my mind! Here is my card...

This is my first week as a design team member with Stampin' Sisters in Christ. I'm very happy to be a part of this wonderful group of ladies. Each of them brings her own special talents, personality, and steadfast faith. I'm very much looking forward to spending some time with them!

The stamp set I chose, was chosen because of the rippling of the water under the boat... I once read a devotional about how we are like drops of water, and how one drop of water by itself is insignificant. It doesn't last long, it evaporates quickly in the sun or wind. By ourselves, we won't last long either - we're made for fellowship with other believers. A drop of water that's put into a larger body of water will cause ripples, and become more significant. As more drops are put into the body of water, the ripples begin to overlap each other. The way that we influence others along life's journey, can have that rippling, overlapping effect as well, by our words and actions.

Have a great week, dear friend, and don't forget to ripple!

Can't wait to see your creations!

I am also entering this at: Alphabet Challenge Blog (S is for scallops).

Hugs and Blessings,

Patti J.

Supplies:

Stamps:The Angel Company, DP-DCWV, CS-Bazzill. All coloring is done with Prismacolor pencils and LOMS. An EK Success edge punch, and Kaiser Craft Pearls were also used.

22 comments:

Jessie said...

Amazing card Patti, have a great Sunday :)

STAMPING SAM said...

What a gorgeous card! Wait, it's a work of art! Love the delicate (and perfection) matting. The scallop/lace punching is beautiful. The coloring and 'out of the box' punching really sets off your image. And of course the color combo is perfect, especially for a gal like me that loves blue!'
Great work and a great way to start a Sunday. Awesome for your first DT card at Stampin' Sisters in Christ - Congrats my friend!

ps, got the embossing folder, thanks!

Glittered Paws said...

OMG I am realoly the first to comment - (only because I am up way too early). What a beautiful card - it just worked out perfect, love all the scallops on the bottom and the coloring is fantastic. I know you are going to be an assest to this wonderful design team.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This card is stuninng Patti!! I so love the verse from the Psalms, the fun image with the gorgeous coloring, the blue and the punched detail. All the layers are gorgeous!! So peaceful and elegant!
Glad to have you aboard the team. Have a blessed day my friend.
hugs,
Chris

A Consuming Passion said...

Congratulations Patti! 1st post up and it's a beauty!
Love the image and your scalloped border is a perfect
touch! Have a great day. x

Becky said...

Patti this is beautiful. Love the design and the different pattern paper. Love the insight on the one drop of rain. So glad you are on board with us :). {{Hugs}}

Grace said...

Welcome aboard, Patti! (no nautical pun intended!) hehe.... We're so glad you have joined the team and I love your card today. The sentiment is wonderful as are your thoughts about ripples.... I had never thought of that before but it's so true! Have a blessed week!
Hugs,
Grace

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is so,so amazing! Congrats on your new DT venture!

Davi said...

Congrats on your new team position. Your card is beautiful and I love the scripture. Great insight about how we together made a difference.

Dawnll said...

Wonderful card for your first sweetie! Told you that you were a natural.
Shine Patti shine!

peggysue said...

Welcome to your first week here as a design sister! So insightful, and we were just talking about ripples last night with one of our kids! Lovely card, the scallops complement the image so well.

Dori Shelton said...

What a beautiful card. I love the way the scallops at the bottom mimic water as well.

Cindy Coutts Designs said...

Welcome aboard Patti! I'm sorry for being so late to jump on the bandwagon. I've been all over the country literally from coast-to-coast leaving for California on Wednesday. I'm so glad that you're a part of the team now so I can be inspired by you in more ways than one. God bless!

craftieodmae said...

Patti this is amazing! I love it!!! congrats on making the DT!

Iris said...

Love the card as I do all your cards!

Miesje said...

Perfect Patti! Love the rippling int he card and in the message! So glad you are part of us!

Netty said...

Beautiful card, x

Melisa Waldorf said...

What a beautiful devotion and I love what you added. I am so very thankful for all the wonderful Christian women I have had the opportunity to meet through stamping. I'm so glad we are sharing the same body of water and making big waves together! Your card is just perfect for this challenge and that border punch is perfect! Love it!

made by fifi said...

great card - thanks for joining in the alphabet challenge x

Lynne in NI said...

Awww, Patti, what a wonderful card and your image is just perfect for your verse.
Congrats on your new DT post!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Patti - how exciting to have you with the SSIC DT now and what a great entry this card is! I love your image and the perfect sentiment! Thanks for sharing your art work of the heart - you are a blessing! {{{hugs}}}

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Amen dear friend! Your card is wonderful, and we are thrilled to have you on our team!